585,722 active members*
4,133 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: QMT PM-25MV

QMT PM-25MV

Hi all,
    I just placed an order from QMT for a PM-25MV yesterday. In speaking to Matt he said they are no longer working with Weiss because of quality issues, and the new supplier offered upgrades, I didn't go into why or who they were using. My reason for QMT was because I've read Matt stands behind his product and the machine now comes with a brushless motor, belt drive and digital speed controller. I was just wondering if anyone has one of these machines by the new supplier and what they thought of it. Stock is expected in at the end of July and I should see it around the first week of August.

If anyone has any info, let me know.

Also, should I be able to by the ballscrews from automation tech for the hoss g0704 and be able to use them with no issues? I plan on designing and making my mounts based off his and similar designs, so shouldn't be too far off from that

Thanks
    Kyle

Re: QMT PM-25MV

huh, I hadn't heard that they come with a belt drive or anything. I just got mine a few months ago and it has the KB speed controller, but no belt drive or anything like that. I got a PM30 though.
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/RobertCowanDIY

Yup, he said it now has a dc brushless motor and belt drive, says so on my invoice too. I was originally going to get the PM30 but he said he no longer carries those since the 932 is very close and the 30 had gone up in price.

What do you think of the quality of the PM30?

I think the quality is great, for what I paid. Honestly, if I had to do it over again, I probably would have gone bigger. I envy the heft of the Tormachs. But, I think my PM30 will be fine once it's converted, I just have that "what if" in the back of my mind.
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/RobertCowanDIY