584,871 active members*
5,052 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DXF nesting software

Just bought a Dynatorch, ready to fire it up. Have been going through the DXF conversion software, and it is not real easy to nest different parts for cutting. I would like a software where I can plunk a bunch of DXF's on, and arrange them to fit on my plate size. It doesn't look like Corel or Photoshop can save in DXF format, and other nesting software I have found is alot of $$$. I don't even care if it nests at all - just want to put multiple DXFs on one sheet, arrange them manually, and save the whole thing as a DXF. The Dynatorch can convert it into machine code.

Does anything like this exist?

Any CAD program. Open .dxf, copy and paste into new drawing. Repeat as needed.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by bossfrog
    It doesn't look like Corel or Photoshop can save in DXF format,
    Does anything like this exist?
    Corel draw graphic X3 and Corel paintshop pro X can save as dxf and dwg. bobcad also has an add on nesting software

(chain) e-mail I got from Corel

Dear Mike,

My name is Mark Rathwell and I am the Paint Shop Pro Product Manager. I want to thank you for being one of the "early adopters" of Paint Shop Pro® (PSP) in general - and of Corel Paint Shop Pro® X in particular. Although digital photography is only now reaching its peak in the mass market, you are obviously someone who is ahead of the curve.

As you have discovered by now, we have made some neat improvements to the program. Things like the object remover, B&W and infrared conversion filters, makeover tools, Smart Photo Fix, 16 bit support, improved browser and layer palettes, etc.

One of the features we are most proud of is the new Learning Center. While more advanced users like yourself may not have the need for such a tool, we have found that it really opens up the power of PSP to a much wider audience of users. Unlike the "Help" found in some other programs (hello Photoshop®!) or the wizards that lock you into a prescribed workflow (can you hear me Microsoft®?) the Learning Center opens up the power of PSP without constraining the user.

In the last couple of months I have had a great time introducing some of my friends and acquaintances to this easy-to-use power. I hope you are interested in sharing this as well - perhaps some of your friends have just got a fancy new camera and want to do more with their photos?

Please feel free to direct your friends to the URL below which will allow them to purchase PSP for only $59 which is 40% off the suggested retail price! This is a special offer landing page not accessible to folks via Corel.com - the only way your friends can get to it is through this link:

http://corel.rsc01.net/servlet/cc5?...JhuJHklQgLlV2VS

The offer will expire in 3 days!

Hopefully you will be successful in adding some more people to the PSP gang - and the Learning Center will keep them from phoning you too often for advice!

Just for spreading the news, we are pleased to give you an e-coupon for 15% off any purchase made at Corel's e-store between now and the end of the month. Simply enter this promotion code in all upper case letters in the space provided in the Corel e-store shopping cart: SAVEC15

Glad to have you aboard as a Paint Shop Pro® customer! Thanks again.

Mark Rathwell

Paint Shop Pro® Product Manager

Corel Corporation

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    This message was sent by Corel Campaigns using Responsys Interact.

I just tried the link and it doesn't work.
    Has it expired?

I use Solidworks for a CAD software, and I don't believe it will let you open a DXF except in their viewer software. I have Corel Photopaint 9 and Adobe Photoshop software. In Corel Photopaint, I can open a DXF, but can't open or import another one in the same document. Adobe Photoshop doesn't appear to be able to open DXF's. Help!

Ric

any inexpensive 2D cad software is what I meant. TurboCAD, DesignCAD, possibly even the free A9CAD.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Greolt
    Has it expired?
    it may have The link was $10 off you can get thur there site it $70 for paintshop Pro X

Or you could use a CAM software if Dynatorch will take g-code. Use SheetCAM (159.00) and bring in the part one time then duplicate or use the array function. You can grab parts and move them on the screen. The duplicate parts cut from the master part using the same toolpath rules so you only have to do it once. Puts in the lead-ins automatically and plasma torch parameters. Auto nesting software is (in my opinion) of limited value unless you cut lots of small parts as a job shop (files change daily).

Those of us that do a lot of plasma cutting and have to make money at it have figured out the best combinations for production.

BobCAD/CAM's BobNEST works well with a bit of practice...

Quote Originally Posted by BallisticFab
    BobCAD/CAM's BobNEST works well with a bit of practice...
    I too use Bobcad and have Bobnest (also Bobart) Used with a plasma cutter or waterjet Bobnest will handle very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greolt
    Has it expired?
    Use BobCad/Cam V20.7 and BobArt ProX. I don't have a torch but some customers want DXF file extensions for their cad drawings I do.
    Some links don't work for some strange reason.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com