585,931 active members*
3,641 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: alarm #180

alarm #180

anyone that can help...

get an alarm message #180 ( pallet not clamped ) during midd. of cycle... about 30 min. after pallet change... then instantly says pallet is clamped....
    also... what does the value in parameter #256 represent???

Parameter 256 is Pallet Lock Input. edit: The value is a 1 or 0; I don't know which way it will be but when the proximity sensor activates it will change from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0.

It sounds like you have a chip of metal on the proximity sensor for the pallet lock. You will have to find the location of the lock mechanism, take off any covers and find the proximity sensor - it is a cylinder about 7/16" dia., 2-1/2" long with a flat end and wires coming out the other and a mounting flange in the middle. You will probably find a little chip of metal on the flat end or very near it.

I can't give you any details how to find it because I don't have a pallet machine but I had a toolchanger problem very similar; every so often the machine would alarm out saying the carousel was not in position and it was just a chip on the proximity sensor. I actually posted some pictures in a new thread a few days ago.