585,981 active members*
4,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Tutorial

Tutorial

Hi does any 1 have any sort of tutorial of help guide on this software i am looking into getting a cam package for the company i work for.

I have a educational version of edge cam shall we say.

I want to try it out for a week or so so i have some idea before i give my opinion on it.

At the moment im just pulling in cad files and stuff just to see what its like, but being totaly new to it i cant realy give it a opinion.

I currently have a tutorial for the System Orientation of Edgecam. It covers menus, hotkeys, drawing and some configuration. It's availabel on the web site at the bottom (www.tipsformfg.com). I'm currently working on the tutorials for the Milling side. Should be done in 2-3 weeks.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

cheers for that tried the web site but would not let me in keeps saying no site or somthing like that on explorer.

Honk,

I dont know what you mean??? When you clicked on the link (shown above in my post), you could not find the site??? I clicked on it and it went right in. Please let me know what error you received. www.tipsformfg.com

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More

its working now thanks not sure what was going on there.

cheers

there are tutorials inside edgecam as well under the help menu.
    Mike W.

I Have Always Sworn By Edgecam.... Its A Really Good Product But I Feel That They Can Do Alot More In The Way Of Tutorials. A Friend Uses Surfcam ... I Sat Down At 5 Pm With A Solid Of A Complex 4 Axis Surfaced Part And By 6 I Had The Code ...and I Never Even Heard Of Surfcam Before That Day!! This Has To Do With The Free Video Tutorials( Ya Free What A Concept)that Are "included" With The Software
    Ive Been Trying To Do The Same Part In Edgecam For About A Month Now With No Luck ( Mainly Because The Post Processer )
    Thats Another Thing That Really Burns Me Up ... Edgecam Gives Little In The Way Of Post Prosessers ..its Like Its Some Mystery To Figure Out How To Post Code For A 4th Axis !??
    DONT MIND MY SPELLING ... IM JUST A MASHINIST

What is so difficult in getting your 4th axis post? If there are some issues that you need clearing up, your reseller should be there to assist. Also, there is a Yahoo group that you can download posts and many of them are 4 axis mills.
    Mike W.

Had no joy in finding a free tutorial to evaluate the software, looks like i am going to recommend going with Mastercam X. Just looks a bit more user friendly from the little exposure ive had of both.

i can manually index ... but the templates the edgecam provides dont work the way they need to ...and i really havent had the time to sit and tweak them into submission
    my reseller is doing everything he can to get me to buy one......and here in lies my complaint. for all the money that we paid for the software ....they should give them free to anybody that wants them...and share the ones that have been proven on their website.

Helix77: Where are you located?

Mike Mattera

i move around a bit but im in mississippi for a little while

helix77:
    let me look at your ppf, cgd and the code that you need. i may be able to help you out.
    Mike W.