585,752 active members*
4,134 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Esprit > help with simulation models

help with simulation models

Howdy...

Running Esprit 2013 for millturn on an new Okuma LB3000. Purchased the post for this machine that included an accurate model of the machine for the simulation. My problem is the turret is bare and I'd like to add the 3D models of the Sandvik Capto tools we've purchased to the turret model so it can be a more accurate representation. I can't figure out how to do this. I am a fairly new user with no formal training.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Rico. This is not possible with standard Esprit, but if you use addin Pimpel Toolshapes, this is no problem. You can load and stack al capto tools. Where do you live?
    Eigen draaibeitel in ESPRIT met Pimpel ToolShapes - YouTube

Re: help with simulation models

There is an add-in from esprit that will allow you to add solid tool models. I cant seem to find it on their web site, but it is called Station Solid Simulation Add-In.

Re: help with simulation models

Arjand is wrong. You can add turret models for live holders or lathe tools. You need the STL model from Sandvik. then orient it correctly (along "X" on the machine). Then open the file with the LB machine. Add a solid on the turret, browse to the location, etc, and associate it to the turret station you want - tip, you can use the same solid on multiple locations if you have 2 or more of the same holder. You only need one STL. Save the file (be sure to set "embed solid into file")

Quote Originally Posted by surfsup View Post
    Arjand is wrong. You can add turret models for live holders or lathe tools. You need the STL model from Sandvik. then orient it correctly (along "X" on the machine). Then open the file with the LB machine. Add a solid on the turret, browse to the location, etc, and associate it to the turret station you want - tip, you can use the same solid on multiple locations if you have 2 or more of the same holder. You only need one STL. Save the file (be sure to set "embed solid into file")
    You understand that you respond to an old topic? Maybe there are standard possibilities., there is just an easier way