585,754 active members*
3,896 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

GCode for spindle selection?

Hi,

On multi headed machines, i.e. say a 3axis wood cnc like shopbot with two spindle heads or routers - what gcode can be used to select a head? and how's it work?

Would be pleased for any pointers, Thanks,

Dan

I'm only a newb at all of this, but I did read the turbocnc doc's and there is an option for your program to wait for an external input, ie auto load of job, auto clamps etc before the program starts again, I was thinking of using something like this to make an auto loader for my machine (eventually), as stated in my build log, I want to use my router to make timber lures, the idea of an auto load function seems like a handy thing for this, my intention is to use simple external logic, industrial timers, whatever, then send a signal to the program when all is ready for the next piece to be machined. You could use something like this to change routers, external to the machines program, and adjust your g-code to suit, different position and tool offsets etc...

I guess for what you are after a 4th axis (2nd Z) might be a more elaborate answer.

As for me, I'll be glad if I get all 3 axis's moving hehe

Russell.