584,846 active members*
3,851 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Hypermill > hyperMill database of macros
    Hello dear CAM community!

Does anyone have a database of macros for hyperMill with different drilling macros? For example, centering/ drilling/ rubbing, or for thread?

I work with 9.51 and have problems with the database.

How do you administrate the tools with the macros?
    I always get utter confusion.

Regards

Potti
    Aus dem Chaos sprach eine Stimme „lächle und sei froh denn es könnte schlimmer kommen“ ich lächelte und war froh, und es kam schlimmer&#33;<br /><br />HyperMill_2013_HyperCAD 5X<br />HyperMill_2013_Inventor <br />Siemens 840D<br />iTnc530

Hello Potti,

I’m going to upgrade our database of macros soon. We have almost 100 macros and the bigger part is for different materials.
    Example: ISK screw M12 counterbored.
    First I made a macro with cutting data for certain material. Now I copy the macro four times and allot each copy to another material – we use 5 different types of steel. There has ro be also a macro for the second side. In this way 10 macros are created from one simple boring.
    If someone has an example of more efficient proceeding, tell me!
    I’ve tried to edit the access-file that the database is based on, but without success.

Regards

Gerhard

Hello people,
    Why do make a macro for each material? Input cutting values together with tools in the tool database!!! -> one macro for all materials.

Regards
    Zuse
    Nicht jeder wei

Hello,

It’s interesting for me, too, how a macro can choose the right cutting value for the appropriate material.

@zuse
    could you exactly describe how it works?
    I have alloted the cutting data to each tool. But if I choose “use macro”, then only the values with that the macro was created are assumed.

@ gerhard4
    you’ve written in one old article about how materials can be chosen in the database of macros via pull-down bar. I can’t find this function (Hypermill version 9.6 SP1 / tool database Version 5.2)
    Now I’m surprised that you make the similar macros for different materials.

Maybe the support could explain something about this cryptical history. There isn’t a word about it in online help.

Regards
    Roland