585,974 active members*
4,289 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > haas c5 4th not working kinda

haas c5 4th not working kinda

ok have older haas 1999 have a hrt 210 we use all the time bought a c5 haas indexer plunged it in changed setting for it im parameters and nothing ??
    out of curiosity i changed parameters back to the hrt 210 and it works but the rotation is off i assume because of the different gear ratio
    so i assume the unit is good nd i am doing something wrong?
    a haas tech told me to just run it as the hrt 210 and change a parameter to change the rotation to match so when it does one revolution it reads 360 degrees
    but dont know what parameter it is
    thanks for and help

Re: haas c5 4th not working kinda

Check with your hfo asap.
    Iirc, the new ones have a different servo, and the compatibility is not the same.
    The old servos were 2k count, and the new ones are 10k. The amps (drivers) are different, and something else changed as well, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by redridertwo View Post
    ok have older haas 1999 have a hrt 210 we use all the time bought a c5 haas indexer plunged it in changed setting for it im parameters and nothing ??
    out of curiosity i changed parameters back to the hrt 210 and it works but the rotation is off i assume because of the different gear ratio
    so i assume the unit is good nd i am doing something wrong?
    a haas tech told me to just run it as the hrt 210 and change a parameter to change the rotation to match so when it does one revolution it reads 360 degrees
    but dont know what parameter it is
    thanks for and help
    You got lousy advise and I would seriously reconsider letting that tech work on any of your equipment. DO NOT change your 210 parameters, espescially if your 210 is working fine.

As already stated, call your HFO and give them your exact model of indexer and have the serial number handy also. They will direct you what setting to use for your model of indexer (there are several that are similar). If it is still not working, you will need to change parameters for for the 5C until it does. Then you can seamlessly switch from 210 to 5C without issues.

Good luck!

There are different parameters for different units. The attached pages are from Haas for my 1997 VF-2 running 2000 software. I laminated them and keep them in my manual.

One page if for brush rotarys on Brush machines and the other is for brush rotarys on Brushless machine.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotary Parameters.pdf  
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28