584,800 active members*
4,671 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Avid CNC > Spindle Wiring and Control with G540.

Spindle Wiring and Control with G540.

So I had a question I figured Id ask directly as this forum is a pain to scour through to find the info you need. You can see my build log I just updated as I am getting closer to finishing my CNC Router Parts PRO4824. I was slacking hardcore in my updates as it took much longer than expected and I focused on my PC modding forum and kinda fell off here, but I am back now caught up and active here again as the machine it about to be finished, well not finished but is getting very close to being usable. So, I am using a Huanyang 1.5Kw 220v spindle. I meant to get a 110v inverter but the dummies sent the wrong one and I wasn't about to send it back so Ill just either get a step up transformer or run a 220v line. Now I was looking for information on how to set up that spindle with my Gecko540 from CNCRP. Also if any rep from CNCRP knows how to do this it would be a useful tutorial to put on the website. Thanks in advance...

Re: Spindle Wiring and Control with G540.

I use this plugin: Mach3 plugin for Huanyang VFD | Le royaume d'éole

The VFD is wired directly to the computer (RS485 USB adapter). Much simpler and cleaner solution than going through the gecko drive in my opinion.

Cheers Christoph

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    I use this plugin: Mach3 plugin for Huanyang VFD | Le royaume d'éole

The VFD is wired directly to the computer (RS485 USB adapter). Much simpler and cleaner solution than going through the gecko drive in my opinion.

Cheers Christoph

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
    Very awesome tip man thank you, I will try this out, sounds simple enough! Thanks!

I spent a couple of hours to find a working driver for my adapter. The following combination worked for me.

Adapter (seller: mvrwin): USB auf RS485 Interface Konverter Seriell Adapter kompatibel Win7 Linux Mac MN | eBay
    Driver: http://www.wch.cn/downloads.php?name=pro&proid=65

Cheers, Christoph

Quote Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
    I spent a couple of hours to find a working driver for my adapter. The following combination worked for me.

Adapter (seller: mvrwin): USB auf RS485 Interface Konverter Seriell Adapter kompatibel Win7 Linux Mac MN | eBay
    Driver: http://www.wch.cn/downloads.php?name=pro&proid=65

Cheers, Christoph
    Well I couldnt get this plugin to load, I have been getting a common error reading the DLL file. I dont understand why, the .net and VB C++ are updated. I found the Matty Zee controller and figured hey give ti a shot and that one loaded. So I m not quite sure why the new one is not loading but the original is. If you have any clue I would appreciate it. thanks.