584,866 active members*
5,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Hypermill > 2D contour milling or 3D contour milling onto 3D model
    Hello everybody

Do you also sometimes have the problem that when you mill 2D contours with radius correction, that you get an error message during the PP run?

When you then do midpoint path, then everything is “okay”- just no radius correction
    Has anybody got an idea where the error might be?? mad.gif

Regards

Hello

Try to set the parameter "min_accepted_2Dlength" to 0.0005 in the PP!
    For us that worked! But unfortunately our support did not know that either..we have tested that ourselves and since then we had hardly any problems with that anymore. However I believe that the controller should do these “fine point resolution” anyway. Maybe OM has an answer to that...

Regards
    Andreas

Hello Andreas

I have changed the value. It was set to 0,2.
    I have done a PP run and no error came up anymore.
    I will have a look tomorrow if it also works on the machine.thumbs-up.gif

Thank you very much Andreas

Good morning
    Tooooppp it worked!! thumbs-up.gif

Thank you so much

Hello

You have to interpret that message as a little warning sign.
    Some controller (e.g. Fanuc) sometimes can’t run very small G1 movements which causes a machine stop. Short G1 movements are linked to the contour and can also be caused by small allowances incl. compensatory path. We still recommend using the NC file despite of this warning.
    If the process is successful, then that message can be ignored. If the machine stops, then the “compensating midpoint path” can be a solution.

The variable "min_accepted_2Dlength" only described, after what G1 length a message is send trough the post processor run.

Kind regards

Damir Petkovic

Hello
    You have to interpret that message as a little warning sign.
    Some controller (e.g. Fanuc) sometimes can’t run very small G1 movements which causes a machine stop. Short G1 movements are linked to the contour and can also be caused by small allowances incl. compensatory path. We still recommend using the NC file despite of this warning.
    If the process is successful, then that message can be ignored. If the machine stops, then the “compensating midpoint path” can be a solution.

The variable "min_accepted_2Dlength" only described, after what G1 length a message is send trough the post processor run.

Kind regards

Damir Petkovic