585,748 active members*
3,443 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pictures of BTC2 needed please:)

Hi,

Can some one snap a pic from the side of the machine, or if you seen some online, point me in the direction. I googled for a while and didn't find any side pictures. I just wanted to see how much troble it would be remove the ram. I bought a machine like that and I don't think my box truck is high enought for the machine so I was thinking of pulling off the ram.

Thanks
    Dennis

I hope it wasn't the machine off Ebay. Tooling is almost impossible to find!

Tony

It was the machine, were there is a will there is a way. I'll make the holders if I have to!

Is the BTC2 basically this machine with a tool changer on it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c4_1.JPG  
    Dennis

My maintenance manual has no specs on the BTC2. There is no height listed nor a weight. Picture from the book attached. The cabinet on the right may house the C5 or C6 option. Checked the NC2 book. No weight and a height of 95.25 inches. The BTC2 is taller and heavier. Sorry that I cannot be of more help.

George
    Attached Files Attached Files
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

George,

You are more help than you think!!!

From the picture it looks like it has servos is that right?
    Does it have a powered knee?

Thanks
    Dennis

I know it has stepping motors as I have seen the final drive boards at the office for repair.
    Because it has a spindle drive and a draw bar mechanism similar to the BTC1, the z is on the quill. I would have to take a look at the knee for a power feed when i get back to the office.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I finally got a number for the weight of the BTC 2 is it 6,200lb
    Dennis