584,826 active members*
5,321 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello and good evening

I am new here and I’m actually only here for the following reason ...
    Unfortunately the help function didn’t really help me!
    So - Is it possible to give Tebis the command to process a 3D contour without stopping?

We have the following problem: When finishing component parts, where the contour is relatively deep (45-50mm) and we mill the radius with a SF4R1, then it is often the case that the miller stops and restarts ... that creates cracks into the component part.
    Whether the infeed is 0.05 mm or 0.1 mm – it does not matter.
    The problem is steady re-access of the contour

Maybe we can work around this problem, if the contour would be delivered from top to bottom in one go ...

Bjorn greetings and thank you!

Hello tillerium,
    You can fix your problem with the 2.5 D-function MCONT. There is the sub-strategy Z-variable.
    However you will need the module... thumbs-up.gif

Hope that fits.

I think he rather wants to finish a 3D contour with Msurf ?!?!?

you should try the Z-constant in the parameter "spiral"
    Then it processes the steep area in a helical motion, assuming
    it manages to go around completely in a closed contour,
    or try it with the whole strategy ‘Equidistant’.
    You can stop the direct feed on the contour with macros at the path beginning and end, then you can approach the contour with the approach radius without feeding directly on the surface.
    <br /><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro--><b>Alle sagten: Es geht nicht &#33;&#33;<br />Dann kam einer der dies nicht wusste, und tat es</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><br /><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Tebis: CAM Programierung, Datenbank Verwaltung, PP-Programmierung, System Administration<br /><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro-->Heidenhain: iTNC530 Anwender, Cycle-Design, Kinematic Design, und sonstige PLC Spielereien . . . .<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><br /><br />