585,555 active members*
3,283 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello
    Does anybody have any experience with Tebis when it is installed on a SSD plate or a virtual RAM drive?
    Is it possible to shorten the processing time e.g. when roughing bigger component parts or is it only the speed of the processor that is crucial?

Regards
    Fraesi

Hello

I am working on SSD plates over 2 years now. But I don’t want to claim that Tebis got quicker. It’s clear that you get your system running with a SSD plate but more factors play a role for the calculation in CAM.

Regards Karsten
    <!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->&quot;Menschen mit einer neuen Idee gelten so lange als Spinner, bis sich die Sache durchgesetzt hat.&quot;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> <!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Mark Twain<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><br /><br />CAD/CAM<br /><br />Programmierung - Prozessoptimierung - Automatisierung <br /><br />www.vcc-production.eu

Hi Fraesi

I also have Tebis running on a SSD divided from the system installation and I don’t notice a difference either.

In my experience the speed of the path calculation depends solely on the CPU.