584,814 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Post processor splits programs
    Hello everybody
    I have the following problem: since the 1st of august I work in a new firm as a miller and when giving out a program in VISI 17 with several tools then the program is splitted: for each milling machine separately.

So when I have 3 operations with 3 different milling machines, then 3 programs are given out. I have to join them together in the machine afterwards.

Can anybody help me out so that I get a complete program with tool change?

Thanks in advance

Hello Juergen23
    I select all operations, do a right click and press ‘carry out post processor’. Then all operations are together as one.

However maybe your PP is the problem and something is wrong with it.

Regards Cube3D

Hello Juergen23
    I select all operations, do a right click and press ‘carry out post processor’. Then all operations are together as one.

However maybe your PP is the problem and something is wrong with it.

Regards Cube3D

Alternatively it is also possible to click onto the CAM neutral point in the operation tree. All processing /operations are attached here and usually are calculated into one program.
    But I think the same- the PP could be the problem source...

@ Juergen23
    Have you got PP queries about program numbers when starting the post processor? Or are all programs created automatically; is the program name generated automatically?
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.

It must be the PP. Because when I am working on a different machine then it works. The PP files the program automatically. So when I save the program with the name 444 and I have three different tools then 444, 445 and 446 come up automatically. Then I have to join them together in the machine.

When I go to Macro language from the PP, then there is a short explanation about program splitting. However I am not familiar with that topic at all.

It must be the PP. Because when I am working on a different machine then it works. The PP files the program automatically. So when I save the program with the name 444 and I have three different tools then 444, 445 and 446 come up automatically. Then I have to join them together in the machine.

When I go to Macro language from the PP, then there is a short explanation about program splitting. However I am not familiar with that topic at all.

Guess that’s the case then--- although I would love to know how the postprocesor needs to be rewritten for the splitting – you never stop learning

You have to contact your VISI supporter or MECADAT for change the postpricessor. If that’s what you want.

However last week I got told they are short of staff at the moment because of the holiday season. Try your luck and let me know if you were successful.
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.