584,817 active members*
4,516 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CAM System - Compare > Best CAM Software for use with CATIA v5
    BenchMark Guest
    Hello Forum

Anybody know what the best CAM software to be used with Catia is?

We have a 5Axis Milling Machine with S840D.

[img]sources/mods/schilder_smilie_creator/text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=THANKS[/img]
    your BenchMark

Hi benchmark!

It`s not really clear to me, what you mean.
    Catia actually IS a CAM-programm.

Do you ask for good CAM-software next Catia?

What machine we talk about?

regards Carbide

BenchMark Guest
    Hi Carbide,

no we have Catia v5 only as a CAD System

Last week we got a demo of TEBIS, I think it is really good!?

Please can you give me more information about 5Axis CAM ?

@Carbide, do you use Catia CAM ?

What is actually the best on the market?

thanks

I think it`s a tasty thing, wich CAM-system the best is...

It highly depends on the application you have to do. But you have asked for 5-axe milling, so i think Catia or Mastercam is the most popular software for this. But there are lot more of good CAM`s on the market of course.

In our company we use Top Solid. We have best experience with this software and we have good contacts with the manufactor. (Missler software)

best regards Carbide :thumbs:

By the way: Where are you from?

Hi Benchmark,

As Carbide said, it's really a tasty thing. We use Pro Engineer as CAD and TopSolid (2 1/2D - 3D), Expert Machinist (2 1/2D - 3D based on ProE), and a German Produkt from the Company COSCOM named ProfiCAM (2 1/2D) as CAM. They have all their vantages and disadvantages. You have to look what you really need. What do you want to do? Only milling or turning too?

regards

Björn
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Courier'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Entt

Hello,

we use WorkNC for CATIA Models, but we have also Pro/Manufacturing from PTC for our Pro/Engineer Parts.

Hypermill is also interesting.
    No brain no pain&#33; <br><br>www.JackTools.Net

Hi,

In my opinion the choice of a CAM-System depends on wich parts you have to manufacture. If you have complex 3d-Parts with a high share of 4-5axis milling it's recommend to buy a more expensive CAM like TEBIS or Hypermill i think. If it isn't that case you could use a less expensive CAM. I think it's no good to break a butterfly on a wheel.....

regards

Björn
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Courier'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Entt

Hi all !
    i'm from romania and i use Catia.My biggest question is how to make Catia results to work with ShopMILL.
    thanks for suggestion

tebis works better and faster then all other softwares
    and the compatibility with aatia is excellent

Hello.

I use Cimatron for Cam and Catia for Cad.They work great together.Only promlem is with the tranlators,they charge you extra for step or catia tranlators.