584,829 active members*
4,951 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello TopSolidCAM user

I have a few questions regarding the simulation.
    Can TopsolioCAM also simulate the NC Code or only the CAM file?
    Are there working on that possibility?

From what house comes the machine room simulation in TopSolidCAM?
    There are many suppliers for the simulation, is it a self development?

Thanks in advance

Hello Donnerkeil

A ‚backplot’ is not possible with TopSolidCAM as only the CAM files gets simulated.
    There is a software (CIMCO Edit) that shows NC codes as a §D simulation. That however only the tool on the §D model.
    You can simulate Heidenhain and ISO with it.

Greetings Silvio

Hello
    TopSolid simulated and controls only the CAM file. However an interface to the following external ISO simulation program exists:

Vericut
    NCSIMUL
    DMGVirtualMachine
    ( export of tools, clamping means, raw parts and so on of i remember correctly…)

However I have no experience with that as we are very satisfied with the possibilities of TopSolid.
    And a NC simulation would only find PP errors and it need to be error free anyway…

Cu AndiKS

hello everybody
    The machine room simulation TopSolid is completly developed by Missler and very unique. In my view it’s very efficient as well.
    As Topsolid considers the complete machine kinematics already before the creation of the operation and the machine axis/
    Retreats don’t need to be allocated in the PP, a safe simulation that is close to reality is achieved.
    Of course there is always the PP in the middle that also needs to be error free. With the possibilities of TopSolid it is definitely possible…

I know TopSolid Programmer that created an external simulation ADDITIONALLY:
    There are quite satisfied with the simulation and release over the PP.
    However, they produce work parts that are worth a few 100 000 euros. There of course it makes sense to have more security.

After a very long trial period with high demands, NC Simul from Spring got the best result.

Regards Sven