585,759 active members*
3,924 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Experiences with VoluMill?

In recent times you more often hear about VoluMill. Does anybody have experiences with it? Is it worth investing? Do I have to pay regard to s.th. special? For example, do the post processors have beenadapted? What about training?

Hello nasdaq,

I cannot inform you about the software, but normally PPs always have to be adapted.
    Regular codes for G-and M-Codes do exist, which are the same BUT also machine specific codes - and they must be concerning with CAM.

For trainings, by the way, I found out, that it's the best when I learn the ropes myself.
    The advantage is that if you really need a further training, you are able to ask special questions.
    Or maybe you do't have any further training requirements... and than you can save more than 1000 Euros like me :-)

BUT this depends on your previous knowledge. I am working with CAM since my apprenticeship, so I think it is more simple for me to learn the software by myself.

Greetings, Christian
    <!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Der Vorteil der Klugheit besteht darin, daß man sich dumm stellen kann.<br />Das Gegenteil ist schon schwieriger.<br />Kurt Tucholsky <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><br /><br />GRUß<br /><br />HOLZSCHNELLER CHRISTIAN<br /><br />Mori Seiki <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->NV5000 α1B/40<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> // <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->NMV5000<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->// hyperMILL// HSMWorks // Fanuc 31iA5