584,826 active members*
5,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Postprocessor for CAM > postprocessor for very old Sinumerik System 8
    Hello
    I am new here and I wanted to ask if anybody know how to create a postprocessor for a Sinumerik System 8 controller and what programs are necessary for that.
    Would be grateful for an answer.

With best regards Stefan

Hello
    I am new here and I wanted to ask if anybody know how to create a postprocessor for a Sinumerik System 8 controller and what programs are necessary for that.
    Would be grateful for an answer.

With best regards Stefan

Hello Stefan

Welcome to the CNC arena
    In order to create a postprocessor, you need a CAM system, which works with the PP and of course you need the respective know how to create the PPs in the first place.
    wink.gif

If you don’t have a CAM system then you should have a look at them. There are tons of information about the different types here in the forum. You could have a read about them.

Depending on the Cam system, the creation of PPs can be different. The programming language and the syntax, generalised PP and also the transfer from the CAM system to the PP can look different from system to system. Therefore you should name one first or get one so we can answer your question properly.
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.