585,753 active members*
3,836 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Helllo,
    Does anybody believe that a lot of new things will happen in ProNC in the future?

Currently we are really considering to switch to a different CAM and stop using Pro NC. For the yearly maintenance charge you get hardly anything apart from a little bit of visual appearance.

New,improved and working milling strategies are missing completely!

When I pay a sum for maintenance then I expect a additional benefits that justifies the charge.

Would be glad if I could start up a small discussion in the small ProNC community.
    Maybe somebody from PTC is reading it as well.
    ..oh no, now they are all credo now…creo!!!

Greetings SUN

Hallo Sun2003,

As I can read it in your article you seem not quite satisfied with PTC.

We are currently in the test assignment of CAD/CAM for 3 months and last week on a training for NC.
    As I am working with Esprit since 2000, I was a bit disappointed by the NC tool from PTC.
    It starts with the tools and ends with the simulation. Those are important points for me and I don’t want to do without them.
    Because the new milling machines are not infinite long anymore and they only have one diameter.
    How do you do a simulation without having to start Vericut all the time?

Greetings Stefan wacko.gif

Hallo Stefan,

Set the NCCheck_type to nccheck then the ProE internal configuration is executed.
    It works faster and is usually sufficient. Especially as the Vericut cheap version in PRONC is not the best either.

I can follow you with the tool problems: even ProNC obviously knows different length and diameters. smile.gif

Greetings SUN

he Vericut cheap version in PRONC is not the best either.

@ Sun
    Tell me did you actually expect a version with the full scope of services from Vericut that is just attached to the normal ProNC-license?? :wacko:
    Before you make such a general statement, just write what bothers you in detail, so don’t be so lazy when it comes to writing- that also not that great either!
    :nein:
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.

Hello,

finally some life is in this blog. Great!!

Just shortly-because I am lazy when it comes to writing indeed:
    I don’t really want a full scope Vericut with my ‘normal’ ProNC license. I expect an easy to use and well functioning milling simulation that is integrated into the normal ProNC license and that is updated from time to time – like for example NC check.
    Just since 20.2 nothing has been changed.
    In contrast they only eliminated some functions. For example try to save a milling simulation and open it again. Used to work- today is doesn’t. Vericut is available free of charge as an app as well.

CNC fanatic how satisfied are you with the development of Pro NC in the past few years?
    Greetings Sun