585,582 active members*
3,722 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: tool list

Good morning everybody

Is there a possibility to bypass the import of individual tools into new programs? (e.g. trough the changing into a *.ini – file or the like) If that’s possible please help me out!

Big thank you in advance
    Zu mir sprach neulich eine Stimme:<br><br><i>&quot;Lehne dich zurück, lächle und sei froh, es könnte schlimmer kommen&#33;&#33;&#33;&quot;</i><br><br>Ich lehnte mich zurück, lächelte, war froh....<b>und es kam schlimmer</b>

Good morning....

The easiest way would be by establishing a tool catalogue., in which all tools are added that are necessary. Of course that catalogues is editable at any stage. You can either embed the catalogues constantly into the MAC file (before InventorCAM 2012) or into the PRP file (from 2012). In that way it is always available if you create a new program. The parameter

tool_table_name = tool catalogue (here the name of your own catalogue is used) is responsible for the allocation.

That was it. If you have any more questions don’t hesitate.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen<br /><br />M. Stockmann<br />SolidCAM GmbH<br /><a href="mailto:[email protected]">Direkt kontakt</a>

Mmh, I have done that but somehow nothing changes.... I have only entered the tool catalogue : DMU50T
    The name with file extension: DMU50T.tab
    The complete path: C:ProgrammeInventorCAM2010TablesMetricDMU50T.tab

And C:Programm FilesInventorCAM2010TablesMetricDMU50T.tab

But nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?
    PS. I have restarted Inventor, so hence also Inventor Cam, each time and created a new program.
    Zu mir sprach neulich eine Stimme:<br><br><i>&quot;Lehne dich zurück, lächle und sei froh, es könnte schlimmer kommen&#33;&#33;&#33;&quot;</i><br><br>Ich lehnte mich zurück, lächelte, war froh....<b>und es kam schlimmer</b>

Hello Masercamnoob

The row in the MAC file needs to look like this:

tool_table_name = DMU50T

It was not so clear in the first answer...=)

Have you selected the postprocessor (to which the catalogue is linked) when you created a new program?

Kind regards
    Michael Stockmann
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen<br /><br />M. Stockmann<br />SolidCAM GmbH<br /><a href="mailto:[email protected]">Direkt kontakt</a>