584,897 active members*
3,327 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: HSMWORKS

Hello I have a problem with a component part.
    When finishing Z constant the left movement are places into the component part.
    Version is HSMWorks 2012 R2.28345 / December 22, 2011.
    SWX 2011 SP5 on a Z800 with Win7 pro 64 bit.
    I programmed several infeeds ( programmed depths as the calculation uses pretty much all of the available capacity of the RAM (12GB and the Xeon 5290 to 100% used)
    Infeed is 0,08 with Torus d4 R03.
    Component part has a reconstruction time in the SWX statistic of 2500 seconds.
    Could it be that HSMWORKS doesn’t really recognise the surface normal?
    However a 100% volume in SWX is created and checked again...
    Is it possible to display the surface normal for the wall that is destroyed?
    The wall has an angle to the floor of 90°.The cores in the middle are conic. Component part has 34500 surfaces.
    I am asking about the normal because I still know it from MC and SC HSS that some surfaces that come from SWX don’t fit with the surface normal even though its still a volume- one would think that usually a volume would only have external surfaces but not in SWX.

Does anybody know a solution to this situation?
    Hope somebody can help

Kind regards
    Maddy

coangry.gif
    <b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->&quot;Bei weiteren Fragen einfach im Chat melden. mfG macmaddog. &quot;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b>

Hello
    It’s hard to reproduce the error that easily. But I think that HSM has troubles with that very large volume body.
    What you could try out is going from HSMWorks 2012 R2.28345 to the HSMWorks2011-R4.26959-x64 version (last version of the 2011)
    I am still working with that version as the version 2012 has still loads of “ children's diseases”...

Or you could to process the external surfaces of the pocket with 2D contours and only the islands with Z constant.

Maybe that helps you out.
    Regards Speedy!
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->Auch wenn deine Steuerung dir sagt, das sie das nicht kann. Gibt es doch immer einen Weg sie von Gegenteil zu überzeugen.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><br /><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ach ja.<b> Variabel</b> war früher<b> Speedy1</b>.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->