585,758 active members*
4,572 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Are you the Man......

Hello;
    My name is Steven M. Russell,
    I am the Main Machine Shop Floor manager.
    We are in search for a CNC programmer..Master Cam, all kinds of mat'l.
    Large Company in Pretty Virginia Beach area. ( Hampton Va.).
    Do you want to get out of the snow or start a new life in one of the prettiest areas of the Country. I did...This company is still growing strong and has many openings and more than enough room to move up...We are just starting to upgrade our machines in the coming year. Get in on the start of this...Multi pallets machines, large CNC HBM's, Turning centers and Large and Small Verticals. We have our own Foundry Shop, Fab and Welding shop, Bearing Shop, Very large Heat treating Shop, Research Machine Shop (all cnc ) Large Sand Blast Shop, Paint Shop and the Main Machine Shop.
    All these Shops are company owned and all within 2 miles of each other.
    We have contracts thru 2010 and beyond...
    We also have quite a few of our own product lines.
    We are not a Production Shop..most items are less than 20 pcs. Most of these items repete. small to very large pcs weighting tons.
    Also hiring great machinist...CNC and manual...Large Lathes and Large HBMs
    ..Are you good and want to live a good life.....Come work with me at Craft Machine.
    Steven M. Russell
    [email protected]

Can I stop drooling now !!

If were not retired in my own shop, I whould jump on that deal!
    I have lots of friends in VA, some close to VB!

Eric

Eric
    We have quite a few retired machinist that have come back..some with over 40 years at Craft

Thanks again for the invite, but I need to stay in Florida as my mother is in a nursing home down here!

I have always worked in hugh fully equipt fabrication shops, the last 15 years I was the lead tool and fixture man, supporting 25 CNC mills, 15 CNC lathes, welding, finishing, and assembly with gadgets, widgits, and fixtures!

Now I have my own little shop making widgits of my own design!

I hope someone from the Zone jumps on your offer, it sure is inviting!

Eric

So what would a guy with say 21 yrs. exp., 18 of which is cnc, mainly machining ctr's. both vert. and horiz., 3 to 5 axis. Also the last 10yrs as a cnc tech. including extensive use of Mastercam 9 and AutoCAD, and management exp. be worth to "Craft"? Say ballpark wise?

Thanks Eric
    So do we...Newspaper ads don't bring the kind of people we really want. I don't look at this as just a job...never have.
    I feel everyone on this site has a real interest in learning and improving themselves. Thats the kind of people I want to work with.

AJL
    I included my company e-mail please forward a complete resume to be fair to both of us.

Does Craft sponsor a Certified Apprentice Program, where the grads get a state recognized certificate of completion? I here the states are now federally funded for many such programs!

The USA NEEDS Apprentice Programs!

That is in my opinion the missing link in this great country, as the old skills are fading away, and being replaced by user friendly software!
    www.widgitmaster.com
    It's not what you take away, it's what you are left with that counts!

As a matter of fact we do...have a few starting in Sept....
    We offer this to any trainee who has gone thru our in house training for one full year and shows an interest....
    Each rookie is trained on small lathes, bridgeports, HBM and cnc to see if this is a field they want to stay in before we invest the money for the program. We have 6 trainees who are thru their first year now.

Wow!
    Now I am really impressed! That is an excellent program strategy, good for the trainee and good for the company!

Thanks Matt
    Eric

Eric each trainee is taught how to make thier own set-ups on each machine, choose the tools for the job. Sharpen those tools including drills. Show the safe way to do each operation. I couldn't agree with you more on us loosing the ART of machining.
    I started in my grandfathers ironrail shop at 14. went to high school and took a 3 yr program for machine trades in Ohio. Got my cert. of completion. I was a state officer for VICA...Vocational Industral Clubs of America. I was very proud of that at the time and looked forward to a lifelong career.

I sent my resume.

laughing...just so you know. I am playing a on-line poker game...not for $ tho...
    I have a two monitor system on my PC so I can see when someone post on this thread....not just sitting here all night watching ...

Thanks Muzzy

So tell us how many employs, what kind of benefits, how long is the initial probation period etc., etc.

These are the primary needs of the working man, not just a place to hang the old lunch box!

Eric

Med and Dental. 401k with company match this year of 50c to the dollar. thats a good deal for sure. Gated parking, uniforms with blue jeans not those cheap ones and work coats. probation of 6 months I think......time and a half for anything over 8 hrs and saturday. But if your a good employee you would get that anyways. work day is an 8,9 or 10 hr day...90% work 10 hrs a day 6am to 4:30 and 6 on Saturday 6am to 12....all these question will be answered fully during hiring process

Quote Originally Posted by MattMachinist
    not just sitting here all night watching ...
    Not yet, give it time...

widgitmaster - Does Craft sponsor a Certified Apprentice
    Program, where the grads get a state recognized certificate of completion? The USA NEEDS Apprentice Programs!

MattMachinist - As a matter of fact we do...have a few starting in Sept....
    We offer this to any trainee who has gone thru our in house training for one full year and shows an interest....
    Each rookie is trained on small lathes, bridgeports, HBM and cnc to see if this is a field they want to stay in before we invest the money for the program.

widgitmaster - Wow! Now I am really impressed! That is an excellent program strategy, good for the trainee and good for the company!

MattMachinist - Eric each trainee is taught how to make thier own set-ups on each machine, choose the tools for the job. Sharpen those tools including drills. Show the safe way to do each operation. I couldn't agree with you more on us loosing the ART of machining.
    WOW! If I was still single, I'd have sold all of my stuff by now! You would find me camped on Craft Machine's doorstep when you arrived for work in the morning! Oh, well.

Anyone here on CNCZone looking for such an offer, don't let this one slip by. MattMachinist's name is an alias, his real name is OPPORTUNITY, and he is knocking, LOUD!!!

Don't be kicking yourself in a few years, contact MattMachinist,

HayTay

P.S. Check out Craft Machine Works' website
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Just courious. anyway I'll give it some thought, but I'd really miss winters ha ha

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MattMachinist
    Thanks Eric
    So do we...Newspaper ads don't bring the kind of people we really want. I don't look at this as just a job...never have.
    I feel everyone on this site has a real interest in learning and improving themselves. Thats the kind of people I want to work with.

Steve,
    This forum is a perfect place to give details about the Craft company, there are so many members here with strong desires to learn the machinist trade, and who also feel left out due to the lack of opportunity! So make yourself at home, shuffle the deck, but pay attention to the needs of the members!

Your part of the Zone now!

Eric

Mr. Russell,

Paker closed a plant up in VA Beach and there are a couple of guys that I used to call on still up there working in other industries just because they didn't want to move to far from their families... Would you mind sending me more information so that I may pass it on to them.. Phone, Fax, Address, Website and so on...

My contact information is:

JR Walcott
    Georgia Machine Tool Resources
    770-682-5875 Phone
    770-609-7788 Fax
    678-983-3789 Cell
    [email protected]
    JR Walcott
    Georgia Machine Tool Resources, LLC

Page 1 of 2 12