584,829 active members*
4,953 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello

I am working on a Ultimax 4 controller.
    I know the function scale patterns.
    Now my question: Can you program a patter scaling in the Z axis somehow?
    I want to multi pass mill an inclines surface.

Many thanks in advance
    Stephan

Hi,

You program a path, e.g. . Xs= 100, Ys= 0 und Zs=100, Xe=100, Ye=100 und Ze=50. Then you add pattern, translation on linear slope- There you enter the direction, amount and distance ( between the paths, whereas distance and amount result in the length of the straight) I have grinded HM plates this way.

G. biggrin.gif thomas

What has multi pass milling to do with scaling?
    Scaling means kind of maximising/ minimising over a scaling factor
    <b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->&#33;&#33; Mein alter Nickname: canon &#33;&#33;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br />Beginnt man das System zu hinterfragen, so erkennt man deutlich, dass die „Wahrheit“ zumeist entgegengesetzt des scheinbaren zu finden ist.<br /><ul><li>Wenn wir uns heute keine Zeit für unsere Gesundheit nehmen, werden wir uns später viel Zeit für unsere Krankheiten nehmen müssen.</li><li>Wenn es klemmt - wende Gewalt an. Wenn es kaputt geht, hätte es sowieso erneuert werden müssen.</li></ul>

Hello
    First of all to the first answer...thank you... I have processed my inclined surface that way.

Hallo Canon... I thought that it’s called scaling. Respectively distance and repeating, whereas you can only enter 1000 blocks in the repetition. Only works in the X and Y axis.

My question: Is it possible to use the pattern translation ( scaling.. I look it up on Tuesday) with repetition also on the Z axis.
    It’s possible to program a slope also over 3D options.

Stephan

You first have to have 3D options – we don’t have them!
    Repetition pattern in Z doesn’t work as far as I know, but in this case you can use the pattern “translation”. You would have to enter your cut in Z by yourself.

I sometimes do the same with 3D contours. I always write them, so that the lowest point of the contour is on Z0 and then make the stair depths over “Translation” until my Z production dimension.
    <b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->&#33;&#33; Mein alter Nickname: canon &#33;&#33;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br />Beginnt man das System zu hinterfragen, so erkennt man deutlich, dass die „Wahrheit“ zumeist entgegengesetzt des scheinbaren zu finden ist.<br /><ul><li>Wenn wir uns heute keine Zeit für unsere Gesundheit nehmen, werden wir uns später viel Zeit für unsere Krankheiten nehmen müssen.</li><li>Wenn es klemmt - wende Gewalt an. Wenn es kaputt geht, hätte es sowieso erneuert werden müssen.</li></ul>

Hello Canon..

We have 3D options. But programming it’s not enough. And I could only us one ball butter so that it calculates it.

Yes, I will do it with the pattern translation. But with an offset of 50mm in Z and a translation of e.g. 0,2mm, I would need to enter 250 steps....

But thank you for the information

Stephan

LiFreak Guest
    That’s not quite true, you can also use a end milling cutter and with the 3D option milling e.g. roughing or finishing you can use a ball cutter.
    I often do that if the part allows it.

Kind regards
    LiFreak

That’s not quite true, you can also use a end milling cutter and with the 3D option milling e.g. roughing or finishing you can use a ball cutter.
    I often do that if the part allows it.

Kind regards
    LiFreak

And how to you determine until when you want to rough??? Off the top of your head?

LiFreak Guest
    Code:
    And how to you determine until when you want to rough??? Off the top of your head?

Exactly as you would tell the ball cutter: you simply write 2 data blocks, one with the end mill and afterwards one with the ball cutter.
    Of course you can’t compare it with the roughing on a CAM program.