585,665 active members*
3,813 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello Hurco community

My question to you : How do I verify the offset in the Y axis and what value is entered into the NPV in Y? What value do I have to enter into the C line?

Many thanks in advance

Erwin46

Well the value is actually the distance between the work piece’s neutral points and the rotation centre of your axis. That means first of all you have to measure where your turning axis lies in the room.

The whole thing is usually deposited in the controller during your training- so that you only have to press a soft key and the values get inserted automatically. But in principle you can also do it by hand.
    If your rotation centre is for example at Y250 and your work piece’s neutral point is at Y150, then the difference between work piece and rotation centre is +100.

However you only need that when you carry the neutral point along into the program.
    And if you want to do that, then you should undertake a training from Hurco so you know how to do it. Should only take about half a day.

After understanding the ‚basics‘, the rest isn’t difficult anymore. There are a few things that you need to consider- but it’ no rocket science!