584,837 active members*
5,590 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hi
    I have a question

I had to mill a part for a customer in which a oblong hole needs to be processed ( see drawing)
    My question:
    Is there a cycle for the Ultimax II controller, that would enable me to program such a pocket with fixed parameter- or do I have to have to program such a shape ‘by hand’? (So, program it as if it were a contour via arches)
    As I have no further measurement ( and no CAD program) I would have to calculate the arch end points manually.

Would be quiet nice sometimes, but not every day.

Would appreciate any ideas and suggestions.

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/...8bf514d86g.jpg

I am not quite sure, but if the Ultimax II already has helix in it, then it would all work without any calculations.

Have a look if it’s already in it :
    (Milling- lines & arches-next segment- helix or maybe Helix where the 2s are)

If yes, then your example would be:

Rotate pattern onto circle- central point X0 Y0 Starting angle 20°.

Starting point X19.8 Y0 - Rad. corr. Left

1. Segment helix – central point X0 Y0, Radius 19.8, Angle 150, Inclination 0
    2. Segment helix - Radius 2.35, Angle 180, Inclination 0
    3. Segment helix - central point X0 Y0, Radius 15.1, Angle 150, Inclination 0
    4. Segment helix - Radius 2.35, Angle 180, Inclination 0

Pattern end

You definitely have to go over the helix, because there you can define the angle for the arc- otherwise its only possible with the Winmax- there you can define an opening angle for a circular arc.

However I am not sure if the Ultimax II can do that already. Its already quite a long time ago.....

I do it like this: I first go from X0/Y0 until the 2 radius central points of the groove and then note the measurements.

That way I eliminate the annoying calculations.

You don’t need more to write it with normal arcs. Doesn’t take longer than 2 minutes.

I never heard of the idea with the helix- need to try it out when I have time and see if it’s easier.
    <b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->&#33;&#33; Mein alter Nickname: canon &#33;&#33;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br />Beginnt man das System zu hinterfragen, so erkennt man deutlich, dass die „Wahrheit“ zumeist entgegengesetzt des scheinbaren zu finden ist.<br /><ul><li>Wenn wir uns heute keine Zeit für unsere Gesundheit nehmen, werden wir uns später viel Zeit für unsere Krankheiten nehmen müssen.</li><li>Wenn es klemmt - wende Gewalt an. Wenn es kaputt geht, hätte es sowieso erneuert werden müssen.</li></ul>