584,841 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hi
    I have a question: Can a Hurco process simultaneously in rapid traverse??? (3 axes)

Is there a G command for it....
    I am working on a Ultimax 4 controller...

Well will see who knows it!!!

Regards

If I remember correctly I think there is a parameter deeply hidden somewhere, however I might be wrong. You would need to have a look in the manual and see if that exists. It definitely wasn’t easy! If not, program G1 F20000, unless you have a series, it won’t make much difference regarding the processing time. But I am not 100% sure.

If you can only program G1 until 8000 feed, then there is a parameter in the service menu where you can increase it.

Regards

If I remember correctly I think there is a parameter deeply hidden somewhere, however I might be wrong. You would need to have a look in the manual and see if that exists. It definitely wasn’t easy! If not, program G1 F20000, unless you have a series, it won’t make much difference regarding the processing time. But I am not 100% sure.

If you can only program G1 until 8000 feed, then there is a parameter in the service menu where you can increase it.

Regards
    15240 feed is my limit.
    Linear is obviously G0. However as I am rotating around the part with 3 axes (no take off and no stopping of the axes) , it only works with G1 at the moment.

Rapid traverse look considerably more dynamical.

As I said it stops at 15240. I would like to get it up to 20000...

Has anybody got another idea?

We can manage to get it up to 20000, however today I can’t be bothered to start the machine; I will have a look tomorrow.
    I am only still here because a machine is being screwed to the floor- after I will go home. So that’s why the Hurcos are already switched off.

If G0 is not supposed to be linear, then that will make it harder. We can see how the machine is running when you divide the bends into lines- then there will be also the point that all axes have to run simultaneously. But XY would be no problem. However you need to watch out for the performance. You would need to calculate it quite accurately so that the linear bends are not too much “chopped off”....otherwise the controller brakes you a little bit due to the bigger corner.
    However thinking about it again, it could be that it stops after each movement. In that case don’t worry about it and use G1. I don’t know if the U-Max can undertake G2/G3 in rapid traverse.
    The Winmax can definitely do G2/3 also with G0 ...
    I will have a look if I can find anything, feed is no problem we can increase it- it not too badly hidden either.