584,846 active members*
4,007 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello everyone
    I am a completely Hurco newbie. I got a new job about 3 months ago and they placed me in front of a Hurco without any training or explanation... after several faux pas I think I have been thought the trickiest part and it’s now time to refine my knowledge:
    Let’s start with the circular pocket.. how would you do that?
    With Heidenhain I had the possibility to do down in a spiral – not in steps.
    Does that also work on the Hurco? So that I don’t program a circle and enter a Z end point which is then feed in steps but like a real spiral in circular movements until the 7 end point..

Thank you in advance smile.gif

If your cutter is a bit bigger than the radius of your pocket then you can write directly over Helix “lines and bends”.
    If your cutter is smaller and the pockets are supposed to be cleared as normally, then you should switch from “immerse vertically” to “helical line” in the parameter.
    <b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->&#33;&#33; Mein alter Nickname: canon &#33;&#33;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br />Beginnt man das System zu hinterfragen, so erkennt man deutlich, dass die „Wahrheit“ zumeist entgegengesetzt des scheinbaren zu finden ist.<br /><ul><li>Wenn wir uns heute keine Zeit für unsere Gesundheit nehmen, werden wir uns später viel Zeit für unsere Krankheiten nehmen müssen.</li><li>Wenn es klemmt - wende Gewalt an. Wenn es kaputt geht, hätte es sowieso erneuert werden müssen.</li></ul>

Good stuff! I will have to try that out... do you mean the program parameter? Do they refer to the whole program or just to the block where the parameter is changed?

Thank you a lot smile.gif

Yes, the parameter programs are meant.

We handle this so that the essential parameters are never changed.
    If we now want to mill the pocket loop, we add the "parameter change" before a sentence, and change there.
    Shall not apply to the whole program, "Change parameters" after a set back in, there will be directly pasted the basic parameters, so you have to change there, nothing more.

If I remember correctly found at: New Record -> Change parameters -> Miscellaneous

We make sure that what was important not to accidentally changed.
    Before we have done so, it caused quite a few incidents.
    <b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->&#33;&#33; Mein alter Nickname: canon &#33;&#33;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br />Beginnt man das System zu hinterfragen, so erkennt man deutlich, dass die „Wahrheit“ zumeist entgegengesetzt des scheinbaren zu finden ist.<br /><ul><li>Wenn wir uns heute keine Zeit für unsere Gesundheit nehmen, werden wir uns später viel Zeit für unsere Krankheiten nehmen müssen.</li><li>Wenn es klemmt - wende Gewalt an. Wenn es kaputt geht, hätte es sowieso erneuert werden müssen.</li></ul>

Well I also like to do it with the thread milling cycle