585,568 active members*
3,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hi
    I want to get a new machine, so hence I would like to find out which of the named above machine are good. I would be interested in advantages and disadvantages.
    Regards

Extension:
    I would also be interested in
    -max feed
    -stiffness

And other stuff that is also important to mention..

Do you want a pure 5 axis machine and do you not need the free table like on the SR series apart from the rotary table?

What about the clamping surface? The Die SR has Ø610 the VMX30 only Ø250.7
    <b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->&#33;&#33; Mein alter Nickname: canon &#33;&#33;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br />Beginnt man das System zu hinterfragen, so erkennt man deutlich, dass die „Wahrheit“ zumeist entgegengesetzt des scheinbaren zu finden ist.<br /><ul><li>Wenn wir uns heute keine Zeit für unsere Gesundheit nehmen, werden wir uns später viel Zeit für unsere Krankheiten nehmen müssen.</li><li>Wenn es klemmt - wende Gewalt an. Wenn es kaputt geht, hätte es sowieso erneuert werden müssen.</li></ul>

I don’t know- it depends on how much I can get onto the table when it’s pivoted at 90°.
    We sometimes have plates in which contours or drill holes has to be processed on the face side.
    But it not the main issue....

First of all the max feeds are vital. How quick the acceleration from the table is...
    Also the prices are important. How much a machine costs etc...

Regards

I think you will have to contact Hurco directly. I also think you should consider the VTX-U because that the only true 5 axial machine from Hurco... all the others are only standard machines that are rebuild to 5 axial ones.

With the SR series the rotary table is supposed to get integrated into the table (end of 2012)
    <b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->&#33;&#33; Mein alter Nickname: canon &#33;&#33;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br />Beginnt man das System zu hinterfragen, so erkennt man deutlich, dass die „Wahrheit“ zumeist entgegengesetzt des scheinbaren zu finden ist.<br /><ul><li>Wenn wir uns heute keine Zeit für unsere Gesundheit nehmen, werden wir uns später viel Zeit für unsere Krankheiten nehmen müssen.</li><li>Wenn es klemmt - wende Gewalt an. Wenn es kaputt geht, hätte es sowieso erneuert werden müssen.</li></ul>

What advantages does it have compared to the VMX 42 SR?

Well generally speaking the SR series has 40, the VTX-U 48 or rather 96 tool slots, the VMX 30 only 24 - in case that’s important.

The VTX-U has almost double the torque than the SR and that with considerably less engine speed.

The problem with the SR is, that its quite new on the market so it still has tons of „children“ diseases...
    The VTX-U is one the market for a longer time but I don’t know what problems it has...

I am not sure but I guess that the VTX-U is more stable due to its tilt rotary table compared to the SR with its swivel head.
    However if you are planning to drill deep holes, then I would recommend the SR as its suitable for going through the X traverse path in a pivoted position.

The Z traverse path is especially with the SR very limited...