585,557 active members*
3,336 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello everybody

I am looking for a way to add a write protection to my programs so that they can’t be change anymore. I am thinking about something similar to the in- house user cycles from Index where a window opens and tells you that you don’t have the authorisation to change anything.

I have read about different protection levels (1-7) but I don’t know how to set them up.

Has anybody got some knowledge in this area? Can anybody help me out?

Regards Klonk

PS. I don’t want to turn the key because otherwise the user don’t have authorisation to zero the parts list or the like.smile.gif

Hello klonk

Have a look at the file management properties. At least here you can set the program to ‘read-only’
    I never tried to implement unlocking a program with a password.

I don’t know how the protection levels work either. I would have to have a look...
    However I think that you can only protect the whole program area- not single programs. That would have the disadvantage that you would always need to password when you change anything or read in anything into the program area.

Regards
    Hubert Dieterich<br />Technischer Kundendienst<br />Index-Werke GmbH &amp; CO KG<br />Hotline: +49 (0)711 3191 600

hapo Guest
    We had this problem a few years ago. The same program was running on 18 machines.
    The users always did some ‘corrections’ over night so in the ends we had the case that the same part was produced with 18 different programs but in different qualities.
    Every day I had to put 3-4 programs back onto the machine because the ‘bakers and butchers’ even knew the manufacturer passwords and changed the programs again and again- I was in desperation!

Then I had an idea: I protected each program row with ;*RO* at the end of the row.
    That was a lot more effort but very effective! You can’t override that write protection nor bypass it.

To give some incentives to make use of the offered ‘correction mask’; I have written a correction program. The control dimensions can directly be entered into the GUD mask and are calculated automatically with the tool corrections

That way, it was possible to eliminate any faulty insertions that may happen by accident.
    The reject rate went down from 30% to less than 3 %!