585,759 active members*
3,902 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello everybody
    I have another problem with the tool changer!!!
    When we bought the machine (Maho800C / manufacturing year 1990 / 30.146 operating hours / 30fold changer / CNC432) we encountered the problem for the first time:
    We got the error message "ERR E180"- no counting pulse from the tool magazine.
    After a conversation with Maho ( many thanks for your help at this point) we knew the following:
    We should change the constants: 80,1020,1090,1091 and 1092 and switch off the machine.
    Thereby the marker is reset to zero. Afterwards the machine should be switched on again and reset all constants to their old value.

Is all worked perfectly! Tool changer worked again.
    Yesterday ( after 3 weeks) we wanted to start a program and the following error messages came up:
    1. ERR E111 = Gripper 0 degree 0 signal
    2. ERR E180 = no counting pulse from tool magazine
    3. ERR E116 = tool change position incorrect in magazine run
    4. ERR E185 = tool in tool gripper

After restarting the machine, the errors still exited.
    So out of desperation, we change the constants again (like Mahio explained it).
    Afterwards the machine worked without any problems.

Can anybody tell me why??
    It’s good that the machine is running again but I would like to eliminate the source of the problem.

Many thanks for your help in advance

Hello
    This error is knows for coming up as if I press ‘stop’ during the tool change, when I am not sure if the cycle is correct- then it’s necessary to use the hydraulic return of all switched to the correct starting position.

Vasek

Hello Slider69,
    You should check the Beros on the grippers arm/ tool changer – maybe one of them is defect or mechanically misaligned, so that it can’t switch properly.
    A question to you: does M77 help? Does the change work properly after M77 or only after the resetting of the marker?
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.

Hello

Thanks for your answer!
    As I am not an expert, what does M77 provoke?
    Is there a list with all M commands or can I get one from Maho?
    Because if the problem can be solved with M77 then there are probably many more useful M commands that we don’t know!!!
    I will check the correct position and all Beros tomorrow.

Regards

Slider69

As I am not an expert, what does M77 provoke?

M77 is the rescue function for the tool changer- in case the machine gets stuck in the middle of the ‚changing process‘ this function returns the tool changer / changer arm back to its final position and stores the tool properly
    However I reckon it’s the Beros….

Is there a list with all M commands or can I get one from Maho?
    Because if the problem can be solved with M77 then there are probably many more useful M commands that we don’t know!!!
    There should a list in your machine manual/ documents as long as they are complete.
    DMG& MAHO can also help you…. However ask first if that’s free of charge.. maybe they can send you the data per mail…..
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.

... thank you again for your answer. I will get in contact when I find the source of the problem!!

Hereby a ‘mega’ praise to you , to the complete forum and the CNC arena!!!
    The helpfulness ( also on a Sunday afternoon with 30 degrees) and competency is simply perfect!!!!

I hope that I will be able to help others in spite of my limited experiences