584,800 active members*
4,389 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    To all controller user!

I am working for a few weeks now with a Röder controller and often write little errors into the command files because everything is still so new.
    Now I have discovered a commander that allows me to view the exact notation. However I get the feeling that nobody really works with the commander –because it’s quicker in day to day situation with copying, replacing and pasting? Who works efficiently on a day to day basis with the commander?

Hello

I only use the commander when I need a basic command which options are not so nicely described in the manual.
    Otherwise the command file is directly expended by CAM and only small adjustments are made. Additional commands are hardly ever added.

In case I need to make adjustments, I either copy-paste from the skeletal structure or from a different BEF. Or I know the option by heart and add it freely (however I have our Röder more than a week)
    I also check the BEF quickly for obvious error that can always happen also when programming over CAM.

Regard Gerd

Hello Take-it-easy

The commander is only made for beginners. It can’t do a lot but it is not supposed to.
    The other possibility to copy an old command and then rewrite it afterwards comes later.
    However if you have question about the commander then just let me know: I know it completely by heart.

Regards

Elmoh