585,578 active members*
4,107 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    To all Roeder control system users!

I am working with CNC machines for 22 years now and I found answers to many problems and questions- but with the Roeder…?
    I don’t mean to talk bad about the control system, but my question:
    -w behind the XALL……that means that all machine functions like engine speed and others are being repressed. That means for me :
    I give these commands into the commands file, don’t I?

Now let’s move to the feed. The feed is not influenced by the –w, that means in the CAM , the feed gets calculated and can have at least 1-3 or more values ( feed in the layer, in the infeed or increased feed when rest materials are processed…)

Now if something goes wrong here and the man on the machine can’t turn a tool to 150°, the next one to 70%! Then the problem miller is almost gone if you don’t stand next to it. And imagine that with for example 16 parts….

Well I had the idea if place a -F=...... after the –w
    And define here the feed that I need. However I guess that won’t work that way?

And so I must ask myself: Who gives commands here?

I don’t mean to talk bad about the control system,
    As if other control systems don’t have errors.
    The error here lies with the user. The available options with XCALL are also explained in the manual. So the option of the feed presetting is onlyw carried out until a different feed is defined in the subprogram. That helps the re-entry, if there is no feed defined. Afterwards that option is without effect unless all feed presetting are eliminated from the subprogram.

Who gives commands here?
    In case of doubt the user who changes the BEF and defines options that he might misunderstood or did not read properly in the manual.
    However maybe you should use a different method and define the feeds via variables in the BEF and only call F-variables in the subprogram. That way you get all the important stud directly in the BEF including the feed values. These one are then easily changed in the subprogram.

Here a few rows from our BEF. The first row (blue) stands directly in the head of the BEF after the prefefinition via TT_LA. Afterwards other commands follow. With that row the variables are defined.
    And at last the allocation of the subprogram (green).

BEF:
    VAR $1;$2;$3;$4;$5;$6;$7;$8
    TOL=0.02 SM=0.004 RMAX=8 RADMAX=1300.
    $1=5200
    $2=5200
    Cleanon
    XCALL 20113573_AS_EL004_2 -w

UP:
    G01 Z1.118153 F$2
    G01 X-6.405989 Y5.816328 F$1

Whereas we prefer defining more variable that needed because otherwise an error message comes up.
    The maximum feeds on our CNC machine are currently 6 different values.

Regards Gerd
    Wer das Konzept der Unendlichkeit verstehen will, muss nur das Ausma