584,837 active members*
5,380 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    To all Roeder controller users!

How can you see the capacity utilization of the spindle power and the drive axes during the operation.?

To prevent misunderstandings:
    I know the load indicator from Heidenhain and Mazak controllers- I believe both are based on the current power consumption of the drive engines.

Additionally there is the possibility to limit one or more load values for particular processing steps under specific conditions. Here an example:
    We rough with a form for 8 hours, Ø12R2 with 4000R/min . The milling machine stops after 5,5 hours and the stump continues going further inside the form. It was 3.30 at night and nobody was able to interfere.

The stump tries to mill and the power consumption of the spindle increases. I want the machine to stop before anything damages the spindle or the axis.
    If I would have a guide value of some similar processing, then I should be able to use it with that load indicator and it would work, wont it?

Many thanks for any experiences that you encountered!

Hello Take it easy
    As far as I know, what you describe doesn’t exist on the Roeder!
    The drive mechanism has an overload warning but you can’t see it.
    It only gets activated when the load gets too big and then it stops. You can’t say exactly when the load is too much.
    Have you worked with Sister Tool?
    There you have the possibility to control the tool after a definable time or a path.
    If it stops, then the machine notices it and stops too.

Regards

Lars

Hello Elmoh

I would like to work with the sister tool- however nobody before me has ever worked with it.

So my question:

Does the sister tool gets exchanged only through a new tool change command, or does the machine stop the CAM program and then continues automatically at the disconnection position?

Best regards

The controller interrupts the program itself and continues when everything is fine.
    You shouldn’t forget the risk that is involved. If a tool breaks due to a CAM error, then the next tool will break at the same stage too.

Wish you all the best

Elmoh