584,812 active members*
5,393 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    To all Roeder controller users!
    My first impression of that controller a couple of weeks ago immediately imposed the following question on me:
    Is it possible to process a work piece without any risks when:
    1. One axis is not correctly aligned with the clock?
    2. The work piece doesn’t lie correctly in Z ( e.g. 0.015-0.025 mm difference from one corner to another after the clamping and tightening)
    The colleagues that trained me sacrificially told me not to do it!!
    However I see solutions for both problems but I only want to try them out if get a positive answer from somebody.
    1. So
    When the sensor is in the spindle and the calibration is done, then I approach ‚edge‘ and with the help of two measurement points, the work piece lies in G17 in the exact position in front of me.
    With the clock I can even check it and as long as the calculated value is defined in the machine coordinates, the turning stays active.
    When everything else is approached, I can store the value in the neutral point table and call / work with it from the bef.
    For security reasons I would set MACOOR-ALL once and finished!

2. Can I handle the Z situation in the same way or should I use the alternative ‘100th foil’ and span it until the clock displays only +-0.005 mm when shutting down?

To no.1
    Nowadays there are many machines that are curved straightforward so that it works a lot easier.
    A rotation shouldn’t matter so much.
    And as long as you AND your colleagues write the programs and work with them so that nothing can happen, then everything should be fine.

To no. 2
    It depends on your program and on the accuracy that you desire.
    If you deform your work piece instead of spanning it, you are doing something wrong.

Regards