584,866 active members*
5,120 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    To all user of Roeder control systems!

How long are your tracer pins?
    Has anybody experienced problems or negative aspects when calibrating or presetting longer tracer pins?
    The normal length in our firm is around 50mm. Now I ordered a 80mm and a 103mm long tracer pins for our 11 year old M&H sensor ( with a 9V block) and mechanically adjust them to under 0,01 tap.
    Was more difficult than with the 50mm long ones. The setting of the software is still standing , same as the application.
    What experiences have you made?

mechanically adjust them to under 0,01.

My experience is that 0.01mm is a bit too much. Have you got a vector spindle?
    Our sensors are align to 0.001 - 0.002 mm. Otherwise I know that you may experience inaccuracy after a certain length.
    The error starts in the µm area and grows with the length of the tracer pins.
    I think I remember it starting from 100mm onwards.
    Ours are between 60-80mm long and we have no problems.

Regards
    Elmoh

Hello
    I find 0.001-0.002mm far too extreme unless it’s a measuring machine!!! I had the problem with longer tracer pins that the Machines drops out as it though that the sensor is approached through vibrations. However that was on a big drilling machine.
    With shorter pins I experienced higher measuring accuracy
    &quot;Lache nie über die Dummheit der anderen. Sie ist Deine Chance.&quot;<br /><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Winston Churchill<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

I find 0.001-0.002mm far too extreme unless it’s a measuring machine!!!
    I don’t know why that is extreme. The machines can do it. Also when you start talking about 0,01 mm with the sensor, then you can’t expect to stay in the same area for the work piece. There are enough factors that influence the accuracy of the work piece.

Basically, you are correct but:
    Exchange your sensor after the calibration, or rather 1-2 hours later and measure your true running again. I think your won’t be in µ anymore!!!
    The machine calculates the true running from your sensing device.
    &quot;Lache nie über die Dummheit der anderen. Sie ist Deine Chance.&quot;<br /><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Winston Churchill<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

I think your right when you reinsert the sensing device in a twisted way.
    But exactly that’s why I talk about µ. I have maybe 0.006 or 0.008 µ ( if any).
    However if you start at around 0.008µ , then it doesn’t get better…

The machine calculates the true running from your sensing device.

It only does it until a certain point. After it doesn’t completely compensate it anymore.
    That’s why I think the more accurate the basic setting is, the more factors can come along.