585,727 active members*
4,098 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    Luiguicam,
    I'm interested. My offer will depend on what "the whole crusader M control"means and the condition at the time you removed it. Also need to consider what it will cost to ship it.
    Send me some pictures of what you want to sell and if you can provide an estimate to ship to 43465. I'll look it over and make you an offer or so as not to affend you just tell me what you'll take for it.

Thanx
    Bob

Luiguicam,
    I would be interested in part of the control as well. If I can determine which part I need? When I power up the control on the first board there are 7 LEDs 3 of them are lit solid and 1 is flashing faintly. Not sure what that tells me. If you can scan that diagram that might help.

Thanks,
    Eric

hsmcnc,
    If your looking at the LEDs on the oarnge tab card from top down you could have 2 & 3 or 2,3 and 4 steady # 7 will be flahing very fast as if dimly lit. Your display should be displaying the axis positions now. If the display is dark it is either the white tab card, the 12 V supply or the monitor itself.
    On my machine to get the servos to fire the Estop has to be out and the there is a green button on the front of the machine called Drivers.

Bob

Bob,
    Thanks for the info. The LEDs are like you said, from the top down 2,3 and 4 are steady and #7 is flash very fast, looks dimly lit. I guess now I must determine which is bad. Is the 12v power supply located below the monitor? Is the white tabbed card called the CTR or CRT board? I have tried pushing the e-stop in and pulling out to reset it, then there is a green button labled reset. When I push the green reset button I get a clicking sound and no servo power up. Thanks again for the info.

Eric

hsmcnc,
    The 12 V supply is on the main power supply. On my machine it is mounted on top of the card cage. There is a row of terminals labled with all the supplies for the control( 5 & 12 and I beleive a -15 and +15). 5V is obviously good due to led's flashing.
    I have never heard the white tab card called the CTR or CRT but there is a circuit board for the monitor (CRT) in the cotrol head. You can remove the cover from tha back of the control head and check the 12V there as it is what powers the monitor. To go any further in determining if it is the monitor or card you are going to need a scope or meter capable of reading freg. This is a TTL compatible monitor so you need the following signal to drive it. on the edge connections pin 6 is the Horz Sync (15.3 Khz) & Pin 9 is the V sync (60 hz) and pin 8 is the video. If you have these 3 signals and the 12 VDC to the monitor I'd say you have a bad monitor.
    Once you get the display up it may give you an error that will help with the servos.

Bob

Bob,
    Thanks you again for the info. Attached are some pictures of the power supply that is attached to the card cage. I do not find any terminals labeled. Can you tell me which ones go where? Also how would I check the voltage? I have a voltage meter, but I am not an electronics expert and would hate to short something out. Do I just check from one wire to a ground? I am going to check with some of the maintenace guys where I work to see if they have a scope or meter to read frequency. I have also attached pictures of the back of the monitor. If you could be so kind as to how I check voltage to it.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1815.JPG   IMG_1816.JPG   IMG_1817.JPG   IMG_1818.JPG  

IMG_1819.JPG  

hsmcnc,
    The Oarnge (+) & Black (-) wires to the terminals on the circuit board of the monitor are the 12 VDC supply. When you check the other voltages on the monitor use the black wire as the common. As far as the lableing for the power supply I'll have to get that off the machine.

Good Luck
    Bob

Bob,
    When I check the voltage across the Orange and Black wire it reads 12v. When I check from the Orange to Ground I get -12v and Black to Ground I get 0v. I am not that familiar with DC voltage, but should't it read 0v across the Orange and Black and +12v from Black to Ground? I have attached a picture of the Orange and Black wire I am checking, they are circled in red. Bad power supply or do I not know what I am doing?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1819a.jpg  

Eric,
    If you have 12 volts between the oarnge and black then you have the supply to the monitor. As far as checking between the wires and chassis ground you may get a reading but in reality the control side of the machine should be isolated from the metal cabinet.
    So far it looks as though the power supply is good and the problem is either the monitor or the card that drives it.
    There is a brightness control on the ciruit board. This is the control that you see on the very back of the montior. With the power off remove the video connector (black plug with 3 red wires & 1 Black) and turn the brightness control full clockwise. Power the machine up and the screen should be lit green. If not I'd say you have a bad monitor (CRT).

Good Luck
    Bob

Bob,
    I have some good news, but first the bad. I turned the brightness control full clockwise and no green screen. My dad has a friend that owns an electronic/TV repair business he is going to come by tommorow and take a look to see if he can help. Now for the good news, as I was nosing throught the control cabinet try to learn what is what. I saw a plug of wires unplugged from a board(see attached picture), I thought whats the worst that could happen. Plugged it in, powered the control, hit the green reset and boom power to the servos. So as of now maybe just a dead CRT. Any suggestions on who repairs them and how much it could cost? Thanks again for all of your help.

Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1820a.jpg  

Eric,
    That is good news. As far as repairing the monitor goes I have found places that sell rebuilt ones for around $400.00. If you do a search for a Computron 115DMX you'll find them. You will also come across places that repair them.

Bob

Eric,
    I am glad you find a way to make your machine work. If the problem is the monitor, it is not big deal to fix it. When your machine is finally working, you may need to put some programs into the control. I was dealing a lot with the communication settings and I added to the machine dripfree capability by inserting a relay and connecting some cables, getting enough memory to run large jobs. I have all machine squematics and manual in case you need them.
    Regards,
    Luiguicam

Luiguicam,
    Do you have board level schematics or wiring diagrams? Did you ever come up with a price for the used anilam control?

Bob

Bob,
    I bougth all squematics available for the Crusader M from Anilam along with the user manual. As I mentioned before, I am planning to place that in Ebay.The whole package: Squematics, manual,Control panel with monitor( the only thing missing in the panel is the emergency stop botton(I use it with the new control); complete board cage with power supply and the boards, the orange tab board 503 is bad (I replace the control because of that), this control version is Crusader M CM02 48K memory (maximun ram memory for this controls); 3 servo drives; relay board, power supply 24v, board 802. I have to check if is something missing bacause I am away from home (I am working..). Anyway I am asking $1400.00 for everything.
    If are interested let me know.
    Regards,
    Luiguicam

Hey Guys,
    Here is what I found when I pulled the monitor out and the attached picture shows the card attached to the monitor cage. See the red circled area in the picture. Again I am no expert, but I do believe that this is no good. I am going to see if I can get it repaired. I will keep you informed of my progress.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1832a.jpg  

Hey Guys,
    It has been a couple of weeks, sent the monitor to CNC Repair in Washington. $400 later and I have a running cnc. I really appreciate all of the help. Now all I need to do is figure out how to load programs thru the RS-232 port. Again thanks for the help.

Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1953.JPG   IMG_1954.JPG  

That's good. As far as loading the programs it is all down via a text trabsfer using Hyper-Terminal. You first have to set the aux codes on the machine. This codes are in the manual. Make sure the battery on the oarnge tab card is good, otherwise the next time you start the machine you will have to add the codes and program again.

If you ever run across a ball screw for the z axis for that macnine let me know.

Bob

Bob,
    Do you know if I can send regular G-Code to this control or do I need to follow the format I use when I program at the control? Basically will it accept G00, G01, G02 etc. The manual is not very clear about this.

Eric

Z Axis fitting

Hello the machine is looking good Could you please take some pictures of the mounting of athe z axis servo mounting onto the machine head is it like the elrod system which apparently you can disconnect the ball screw nut and the use the head manually with the quill lever for drilling I ask this as I'm looking at buying a Avon350Z with a Anilam crusader m series control is it easy to program and is it just plain G code input for programming or is it coversational graphics on the M series. Thanks Colin

Colin,
    Here are some pictures of the z axis. I would think you could disconnect the ball screw and use the z axis manually if you would want. I have only had mine running for a couple of weeks, it seems easy to program. I am working on the RS 232 communications so I can load a program from the pc.

Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1980.JPG   IMG_1981.JPG  

Page 2 of 3 123