585,997 active members*
4,990 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hi all
    I want to unify our tool system on four Heidenhain controllers. From 426 to i530 - > all are represented.

I have now introduced short meaningful descriptions for all tools that I can call through the tool call as a text on the newer controllers. On the 426 I get is as numbers. On all machines we work with the tool-pocket table.
    In the TOOL.T all available tools should be included. Thus, there are about 400 tools that have a unique name and number.
    My question is: Can I edit the TOOL.T on the computer and put is correctly back to the controller??

There are also data such as fishing and cut that I want to maintain. On the machine, only the tool dimensions are completed.

The TOOL.T is then also a tool library

Greeting Dickben

In principle this is no problem.
    Read out TOOL.T with TNCremo - editing (eg text editor) and read in again
    Make sure that all your machine are the same columns of your TOOL.T!
    <b>Gruß Roadrunner...</b><br /><br /><b>...bei &quot;G0&quot; geht das Werkzeug &quot;schneller&quot; putt&#33;&#33;</b>

Hello dickben
    I have not tried yet, but I think it would also work with the demo version of the programming station.
    Simply enter it like on the machine , save and return to the machine. If it doesn’t work, please give a short feedback....
    <b><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><i>Gruß farmer</i><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></b><br /><br /><br /><br /><i><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Hilfsbereitschaft, Gemeinsinn, Miteinander und Füreinander<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i>

Even with the demo version it works without problems,
    I have tested it myself, from the full version onto the demo and vice versa as well as on the machine itself, you can transfer everything without problems.

Hello and thank you for your feedback.

Of course I have searched as well. Everything is possible with Windows Board and Office.

The machines put the programs on our fileserver. Hence the normal xxx.h files. The tool list that I created, is in Excel. You have to be careful, that the columns don’t have more characters than the number that the TOOL.T allows – otherwise the controller complains. Then I created an Access table in a way that all columns and column widths as permissible. T is 8 characters wide, NAME is 16 characters wide and DOC is 16 characters wide. Then I imported the Excel file with all 500 rows into the Access table. Then only export the table as a text file, rename in TOOL.T, then return to controller and its all correct.

Sounds wild, but only takes about 1 hour, and there are no syntax errors in the tool.t.

This tool list will also soon be incorporated into our new CAM system.

Hello
    So I edit my TOOL.T and CDT the files with the Windows editor So I can easily edit the 9999 tools. With the editor, I can open and edit the TOOL.T, and easily store it without having to rename or export anything.