584,817 active members*
4,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    We want to connect several machines per LAN with a computer.
    Can anybody tell me what specific cable we will need?
    I heart that with TnCremoNT, the transmission also works without NFS server.

If I give the computer a fixed IP address- and a switch to connect to the machines, then it should work, shouldn’t it?

Would be nice if anybody could help me out!

Preferably with a detailed description of what we have to do and what cables we will need etc.

Many thanks in advance

Hello
    We have connected 155,355, 456, 530 with TNcremont .
    Works great!
    We called an expert to do the job- it doesn’t take long and he guarantees that it all works.
    Experts costs money but they are quicker and you don’t block the whole process.
    It’s still cheaper than doing it yourself (errors happen easily and nobody wants to take on responsibility for it.)

Regards
    CNCfutzi

Hello
    The TNC doesn’t support any windows network reports, that means that the PC doesn’t recognise the machine and it doesn’t come up in the network environment.

However you still have to connect the machines in the same network (pc e.g.. 192.168.0.2 with subnetmask 255.255.255.0 – the machine gets then e.g. the address 192.168.0.3)
    - then install TNC Remo on your computer and configurate the network. Enter and connect the address 192.168.03- that’s it!

Sometimes it even works with differing IP, however I had bad experience with that! ( connection- and transmission problems)

Disadvantage: The programs can only be transferred from the computer to the controller, to transfer the programs from the machine you need a data server thet is recognised by the machine.

Regards
    toadie