585,758 active members*
4,369 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > HEIDENHAIN > HEIDENHAIN -> GENERIC > 20 degree chamfer with R1,5 on the changeover to the drill hole
    Hello

I want to mill a 8H8 drilling including a chamfer into the part that is to be processed-however I really don’t know if it’s possible to mill the 20 degree chamfer and the changeover of R1,5.
    Please HELP me out because turning would be a total disaster considering the price that our boss established...

How many parts do you need to process and how urgent is the order? We have a special VHM miller
    (20°/r=0,8) for these cases. In our processing, it’s important that the joint ring or rather the
    back up ring from screw-in cylinders don’t get damaged- that why we need the transition.
    Do you care about the sealing function or the surfaces quality?

Of course you can mill that!
    What tool did you wanted to use?

It's best to use a radial miller which you can use to run over the contour in X,Z.
    After each run you can turn the coordinate system a bit further.
    Frohe Grüsse Stefan<br /><br /><div align='center'><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style='font-family: "Comic Sans MS"'><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ein Tag ohne lächeln ist ein verlorener Tag<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></div>

Of course you can mill that!
    What tool did you wanted to use?
    Its best to use a radial miller which you can use to run over the contour in X,Z. After each run you can turn the coordinate system a bit further.
    Hi
    Yes, I was thinking about a 3mm radial miller. But I don’t know how to program it.

I am only working with the Heidenhain 620 for 5 months now- before I was occupied with the turning of parts.

I have seen something similar with Q parameter and angle functions but I don’t have a clue how to program it. I am scared that I fail to get the RZ 6,3.

If you often have to process this form or similar ones - that means user defined angle and user defined radii that pass over drill holes - then it’s worth getting a program because you have the flexibility to change it as you like.
    Are you interested?

Sorry for the late reply.
    I have quickly created something.
    PGM only works with a 3mm ball cutter that was measured on the tip.
    Row 15 and 16 give a Rz of 6,01

0 BEGIN PGM schr20rad15 MM
    1 BLK FORM 0.1 Z X-7 Y-7 Z-5
    2 BLK FORM 0.2 X+7 Y+7 Z+2
    3 ;3mm ball cutter
    4 TOOL CALL 67 Z S2500 F250 DL-Q108
    5 L X+3.6177 Y+0 R0 FMAX M13
    6 L Z+10 R0 FMAX
    7 L Z+1.5 F AUTO
    8 LBL 1
    9 L X+3.6177 Y+0 Z+1.5
    10 L X+2.6809 Z-1.0739
    11 CR X+2.5 Z-2.1 R+3 DR-
    12 L Z-2.6
    13 L X+0 Y+0 FMAX
    14 L Z+2 FMAX
    15 CYCL DEF 10.0 TURNING
    16 CYCL DEF 10.1 IROT+4
    17 CALL LBL 1 REP89
    18 CYCL DEF 10.0 TURNING
    19 CYCL DEF 10.1 ROT+0
    20 L Z+150 FMAX M30
    21 END PGM schr20rad15 MM
    Frohe Grüsse Stefan<br /><br /><div align='center'><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style='font-family: "Comic Sans MS"'><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ein Tag ohne lächeln ist ein verlorener Tag<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></div>