585,743 active members*
4,991 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello experts

We have 2 Hermle C600 milling machines with Heidenhain controller.
    Now the keyboards on both machines are defect.
    Either the keys are blocked or things get entered several times.

A new keyboard from Hermle costs 1000 ,-Euro in exchange. There are no single spare parts for the keyboard available. (e.g. like the rubber plate or the circuit board) Heidenhain says similar things.
    I think that is very expensive and it’s sad that there are no spare parts for it at all.
    On our old CNC with TNC 155 the keyboard is more than 20 years old but on the new controllers we had to exchange it at least once in the past ten years.

We had no improvement cleaning the keyboards either.
    Is that normal- what are your experiences?

Regards Gusto
    Mazak Integrex 4 100 ST<br />Hermle C600 U/V<br />NX CAM

Hello
    Do you often clean your keyboards with liquid cleaner? Does coolant splatter often gets onto the keyboard?
    These could be reasons for the premature effect.
    Otherwise I don’t think there is a different solution than exchanging the keyboard. I also think that the machine parts in general are a little bit overpriced.
    &quot;Lache nie über die Dummheit der anderen. Sie ist Deine Chance.&quot;<br /><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Winston Churchill<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Normally Heidenhains keyboards is very good quality...

But if you are interested in to try fix it your self, then you can do this...
    You can disassamble the keyboard, by loosen a lot of screws, and then clean it.
    Just make sure you take a picture of the layout of the keyboard, before you start...

But it takes a little time, and consider if it's worth it..!