585,597 active members*
3,492 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > HEIDENHAIN > HEIDENHAIN -> TNC > Milling of an ellipse in cone form with tnc 430
    Hello

I’ve got the following question.
    I’d like to mill a semi-ellipse in cone form. And I can’t get ahead at a certain point.
    The data: height of the cone = 80, diameter at the top = 30, diameter below in Y=45 in X=30.
    Milling of an ellipse is not a problem. But how can I make the diameter=30 (in case of covering in Z=-1 to the depth Z-80) potentiate to diameter 45 in Y?
    I’d really appreciate if someone would suggest something.

Hello
    It should be an easy exercise of three clauses:
    D1(30mm) - D2(45mm) = (-)15mm. The result divided by the step number (80) = 0,1875mm. It means you have to add 0,1875mm in every covering. For example, like this: Q1 = Q1 + 0,1875

Good luck!

height of the cone = 80, diameter at the top = 30, diameter below in Y=45 in X=30.
    I’ve got a counter question:
    If the diameter above is 30mm and the diameter below has to be 45mm, how do you get at D45 below without destructing the D30 above?
    Frohe Grüsse Stefan<br /><br /><div align='center'><!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style='font-family: "Comic Sans MS"'><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ein Tag ohne lächeln ist ein verlorener Tag<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></div>

I’ve got a counter question:
    If the diameter above is 30mm and the diameter below has to be 45mm, how do you get at D45 below without destructing the D30 above?
    Yes Stefan, you’re right, but he wants an ellipse as a cone, meaning outside contour. I believe it should be like this, but I’m not really sure:

[attachment=8587:Bild1.png]