585,978 active members*
4,670 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Where to buy stock aluminum?

Where to buy stock aluminum?

Where is the best place to get little blocks of aluminum for machining without spending a fortune? Is there a good internet site or ideas for local sources?

Yard Metals I believe the site is ?????? (have to look it up on other computer) You could also ask a few machine shops in your area or look in the phone book (Yellow Pages) Under "Scrap Metals". I usually buy from Enco and MSC Supply. www.use-enco.com and www.mscdirect.com
    :cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by lwill
    Thanks Iwill. That adds to the collection
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I accually found out about them when they put up a HUGE bill board along the road, quite a change form the beer and car adds!

Quote Originally Posted by lwill
    I accually found out about them when they put up a HUGE bill board along the road, quite a change form the beer and car adds!

Depending on ones interests that sign could look like metal cutting Heaven or a big useless add LOL
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Another good one is www.onlinemetals.com I usually get everything there, or local.