585,982 active members*
4,669 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mill Toolholders

Just looking for Opinions.

Who makes the best Arbours for the $$$$$$?
    "It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet

Best Tool Holders for the $$$$$$$$$$$

What type of holder? CAT40, CAT50, or R8? The best R8 arbor tool holders for the $$$ are made by EMT (Iscar). You can get them at www.use-enco.com Look in the Hot Deals section as they are usually on sale for around $70.00 each. I'll post a screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enco etm tool holders.JPG   enco etm tool holders2.JPG  
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

CAT 40's remember I mentioned best value for the $$$$$$

Not just the most expensive. If I wanted that I'd be looking for Big/KAiser
    "It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet

Did you look at ParLec, Iscar, Kennametal, or Valenite? They can be purchased pretty cheap. You could also check Ebay.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I've looked on Ebay and seen packages of 24-40 toolholders for around $100 perholder including pullstuds and a cart, but are these holders any good?

They are a pretty crucial part of the metal cutting system, but starting out, you have to be pretty careful with your money.

Yes you do. Try a company called SAG Supply. The owners name is Joe Sag. I have Bought CAT40 and CAT50 Holders for $25.00 each that were new Valenite.

Be very nice to these guys and they will take care of you. The Best!!!!!

http://www.sagmachinery.com/
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by big_mak
    I've looked on Ebay and seen packages of 24-40 toolholders for around $100 perholder including pullstuds and a cart, but are these holders any good?

They are a pretty crucial part of the metal cutting system, but starting out, you have to be pretty careful with your money.
    Be careful getting the cheap holders. If your spindle can run to 10,000 rpm some of the cheap holders are so badly unbalanced you will notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by big_mak
    CAT 40's remember I mentioned best value for the $$$$$$

Not just the most expensive. If I wanted that I'd be looking for Big/KAiser
    I'm with toby, besides I'm not into putting junk in my spindle. Unless it's already pretty worn the the MSC big book or an equiv. should help

I just remembered Belmag Machinery Corp in Coquitlam. They carry a line from Italy made by D'Andrea.

lyndex makes good tool holders , i d be careful of cheap tool holders , if the taper isn t ground properly it can and will damage the spindle taper over time