584,826 active members*
5,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: tool call

Hello everybody
    Is it possible to call tools by their name on a 420 controller?
    I know it from the 530 controller. There it works when calling the name with T " ".
    I can’t write the quotation marks on our Kondia with 420 controller into the program, only T and maximal 3 numbers e.g. T123.

Can anybody help me out?

I don’t think so. As it is not possible on any of the previous controller versions of the iTNC530.

Regards Gazzo

I don’t think so. As it is not possible on any of the previous controller versions of the iTNC530.

Regards Gazzo
    Hello
    That’s not quite true- it was already possible on the 430.

@ suemi
    I can’t tell you anything about the 420.... Either contact Heidenhain or maybe you can try to transfer a program onto the machine that has quotation marks in it, and if any ERRORs due to false syntax appear then you definitely know that it’s not possible.
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.

Regards Gazzo
    That is even on a 407 possible...

That is even on a 407 possible...
    Hallo wolf310
    Just out of curiosity- what software version of the TNC 407 have you got? I read in the manual that the column “name” in the TOOL.T exists with software version 243 030- so I guess not with the firsts 407 TNC's?
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.