585,604 active members*
3,412 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Tool Call???

Hello everybody
    I have the following question:
    We will get a new machine soon: Deckel HSC 55 with Heidenhain TNC 530 controller.
    At the moment we call the tools e.g. with TOOL CALL 2312 (roughing cutter D12) on all our machines with TNC430 and 530 controller.
    We have extended our tool table to 9999 places and then set up a list with tools that we are using.
    I think that is the most common way but an extension to 9999 places makes the computer goes slower (with the TNC430) and there are still a lot of empty spaces.
    However there is still the possibility to call the cutter with TOOL CALL "ROUGH D12". So now my question:
    How exactly does it work? What advantages/ disadvantages does that system have? Well I can say that the memory is not filled up unnecessarily, that would not be a problem for the TNC530.

Then we would run the new machine with that system.
    Many thanks in advance

Advantage
    The adjustment is quicker as you don’t have to clear any tool numbers.
    If the program was running before, then you can just adjust the tools and don’t need to change anything in the program.
    The only disadvantages: when you have 2 equal tool numbers, then the controller always takes the first tool (smaller tool number)

I always work like that!

Kind regards