585,761 active members*
4,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello

thank you for entering in my post

I'm not able to write a line, with my iTNC530 for PC, with just words, I've seen on a demo program , in a line with just words it starts with an asterisk then a hyphen, words, and it ends up with a colon

But I don't know, with a virtual keybord, how to insert an asterisk following by an hyphen

Even if I want to add at the end of line some words I don't know how to do, basically I should insert a semicolon before my word

any suggestion according this matter will be very appreciative

thank you in advace for your help

Hello arenamember,

if you've an english / us keyboard layout use your hardware keyboard.
    For semicolon on german keyboards use the Ö - key

In the installation zip archive you'll find a matching keyboard layout -> looking for pgmplatz_tast_en.pdf

If you'd like to add a semicolon at the end of line, jump with the cursor to the end of the line and then press the semikolon key on your (hardware)-keyboard.
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.

Dear CNCFanatiker thank you again
    However it doesn't work even if I jump at the end of the line and I press semicolon on the keybord of my laptop it doesn't work

I know that in the installetion zip archive I can find a keyboard layout but I don't know how to prime it
    the only buttons that work are: ent, numbers from 0 to 9, esc, cursors (left, right, up, down) but all the others even if I follow that matching keyboard layout they dont work, it looks my laptop keybord is not primed at all, only the buttons which don't need that matching keyboard layout work, that is only those buttons which already do the same funcution on my laptop work without to be renamed like: ent, esc, ....ect ect

thank you very much indeed in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by arenamember View Post
    Dear CNCFanatiker thank you again
    However it doesn't work even if I jump at the end of the line and I press semicolon on the keybord of my laptop it doesn't work

I know that in the installetion zip archive I can find a keyboard layout but I don't know how to prime it
    the only buttons that work are: ent, numbers from 0 to 9, esc, cursors (left, right, up, down) but all the others even if I follow that matching keyboard layout they dont work, it looks my laptop keybord is not primed at all, only the buttons which don't need that matching keyboard layout work, that is only those buttons which already do the same funcution on my laptop work without to be renamed like: ent, esc, ....ect ect

thank you very much indeed in advance for your help
    No problem,

but indeed curiously.
    Perhaps your laptop keyboard has a system specific dual key assignment? - ... but I've an idea to test for -> use the Windows on-screen keyboard.

CNCFanatiker

it doesn't work even with the virtual Windows on-screen keyboard :-(

Quote Originally Posted by arenamember View Post
    CNCFanatiker

it doesn't work even with the virtual Windows on-screen keyboard :-(
    a pity. :wacko:

Can you take a photo of the laptop keyboard?

Othewise take a look at the programming station / keyboard settings. Try to switch the default setting and restart the software.
    [attachment=12788:iTNC530_...settings.jpg]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iTNC530_programming_station_settings.jpg  
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.