585,589 active members*
2,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello
    Just out of interest I would like to find an answer to my question: When we calibrate the measuring probe on our machine, then a value is being registered into the column DR2 of the tool table.
    Regardless if it’s a Heidenhain sensing device or one from Hexagon Metrology.

It also doesn’t make a difference if the machine is a DMG or a SHW. The difference between real ball radius and effective radius cant not be mathematically correct, on top of tht the value changes with each calibration. It seems like the value gets smaller and smaller –but I won‘t bet on it....
    The probe system always touches with the same point on the ball, I can’t think of the correct word.
    It can’t be the radial run-out error in X&Y because it’s being entered into the column OFFSET which doesn’t exist on the SHW (funnily enough), or at least it’s not visible.

Many thanks in advance and greetings
    David

Hello

Underneath the soft key “touch”, there are two more soft keys “calibration”. One soft key is for the length and the second one for X-Y. For X-Y calibration we have a ring.
    That came with the measuring probe (Heidenhain). I never change anything in the tool table. Think there is not value in there anyway.

With two machines we still have manual probes (with clock), I measure them and then write the values under the calibration soft key.
    Controller Heidenhain 530i

Have a nice evening
    Matthias