585,597 active members*
3,445 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

need help with a few things.

i finnally found the serial number, after a lot of MEK and rubbing.

i was wondering if someone could tell me what type of bridgeport this is.

here is what i found underneith the 38 year old caked on axel greese and dirt. LOL

machine s/n 12/BR 111694
    year built 1968
    drive s/n 2j-3245
    Feed box s/n 41289

the x drive is the one where you have to adjust a knob to set the different feed rates. but the table doesnt move at all then i put it in gear.

the things i would like to know are.

1 what typr of mill is this called?
    2 i would like to figure out how to take it apart and put in some ball screws but dont know how.
    3 the power quill doesnt seem to be working and i would like to fix that.
    4 i dont have an owners manual, do they sell them somewhere and what one do i get?

i have been reading a lot here, and someday i will hook it up with cnc. but for now i would like to take care of the reckless backlash of about 60 thou on bout x and y.

do you guys think this is worth saving? its my bosses machine and im working on cleaning it up when i can like at lunch and for about 1/2 hour after work. my reason for fixing it up even though its not mine is.

to be more productive at work and not fool around with scrapping parts and stuff.

my boss is will to pay for all the parts it needs. :cheers:

and learn how to do things the right way incase i have to find another job down the road. ( future job interview goes like this. have you ever used a vertical mill? well if you wanna call it that.) LOL

any help would be nice. id like to take a few pictures of it some time to show you guys the sad shape shes in. around the motor is black because the paint looks like it burnt off or cought fire. LOL

i dont know if i should forget it. rather than have him spend all kinds of money on it and have it not really that much better than it was. thanks :cheers:

feed box

the feed box looks just like this one. only ours has far more greese on it.

http://store4.yimg.com/I/calmetrics_1686_6624937

y

im not sure why my last reply was deleted. i guess this post should just be deleted. :withstupi