585,560 active members*
3,494 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Mazatrol T1 communication parameters?

Hello,

Myself and another guy are trying to help a friend with an old Mazak QT 10. It has the T1 controler on it. He had the Microdisk to upload and download programs and it worked fine for what he needed. Then, he had some fellow come in for some kind of training or maintenance (not sure which) and since then he has not been able to upload or download programs. Our friend downloaded the trial version of Cimnet (I think it is) to try using a PC to communicate with the machine. I set the communication parameters on the PC to match that of the microdisk. When we try to send from the control, I get a "q" character at the PC and the machine seems to lock up. If I unplug the cableat the machine, I get error 112 or 114 and then machine is resetable. I am afraid the guy who came in to help before us may have messed with parameters. We have a full list of machine parameters but we have no clue what ones to look at. Does anyone have information on the correct parameters to look at? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jeff Longtin

Jeff,

See if this helps you to narrow down the problem...

Regards,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    JR Walcott
    Georgia Machine Tool Resources, LLC

Smile

Thank you sir I will check it next time I'm there.

Jeff

In case you hadn't fixed this yet, you might change A7 to 16. It has something to do with the communications. I just happened to talk to the right person at mitsubishi after tracing the communication line to a chip that was a data selector. After that i called mazak, talked to a few people and one found a note in a book that gave that info. Good luck.