584,800 active members*
4,760 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
    Hello

thank you for entering in my post

I want to print or share my files made by my iTNC530 programming station demo version

A friend of mine sent to me some programs with extension .H and I could open them with the program Notepad

I could reach the files where all my programs and demo programs are, and they have also the extension .H, but I can't open them with Notepad or any other programs, and even though I can open them I get strange characters

How can I open my .H files? Do I need to save them with a different extension

thank you in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by arenamember View Post
    Hello

thank you for entering in my post

I want to print or share my files made by my iTNC530 programming station demo version

A friend of mine sent to me some programs with extension .H and I could open them with the program Notepad

I could reach the files where all my programs and demo programs are, and they have also the extension .H, but I can't open them with Notepad or any other programs, and even though I can open them I get strange characters

How can I open my .H files? Do I need to save them with a different extension

thank you in advance for your help
    Hello arenamember,

are you sure that you've correctly saved your HEIDENHAIN programs from program management of programming station software?
    For better comprehension please upload the problem programs here -> attach them on next posting...
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.

Thank you CNCFanatiker
    I sorted out I had to save my program with this extension .H%

may you please answer to this question?

http://www.cnc-arena.com/en/newsroom/heide...ngs--67165.html

thank you very much indeed again

Quote Originally Posted by arenamember View Post
    Thank you CNCFanatiker
    I sorted out I had to save my program with this extension .H%
    Wehre do you've saved the program? - Only when it's saved on other local hard drive - necessarily not in TNC:\ path then you should open it without any problems.
    Oherwise the file is saved in a HEIDENHAIN - binary format.

...furthermore attach the problem file please for taking a look
    <b>Gruß / Regards</b><br /><i><b>CNCFanatiker</b></i><br />AdminCrew<br /><br />Wenn wir immer das tun was wir können, dann bleiben wir immer das was wir sind.<br />If we always this act what we are able to do, then we always remain what we are.